Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: reinforced arms necessary?

I think taht when people think of open ends on teh tree they automatically think that the tree needs to have a huge opening hole on the bottom to stop from drag, or restriction. But if the slits have been cut correctly, the surface area of the cuts should surpass the surface area of hte upstem. So iin conclusion open ends do not flow any more than close ends if the cuts are done right. It is all in your head. The whole what weighs more a pound of brick or a pound of feathers. everyone is oging to look at open ends and assume that they flow more, but looks are decieving.

Fundamentally untrue, an additional larger hole will definitely cause the tube to hit differently. If you think it may be better or equally good as a reinforced arm, that's one thing. But I know for a fact if you hit an open tree hard enough (which isn't that hard) the bubbles come out of the bottom of the arms.

Fundamentally true bud. I did not say that the open holes or closed holes wouldnt hit different. They do. I did not say that it was equally good or better than reinforced arms. So pretty much you need to go back and read what i allready said The point so it will sink in WHAT I AM SAYING IS: The flow rate is not compromised by having the bottoms sealed, as long as the cuts are done right. So when people say closed arms drag more it is in their heads.