Thread: Glass Cleaning Question

Default Glass Cleaning Question

I know it is the a "golden rule" to clean your glass after every use but that is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass for me (Having a perc definitely doesn't help) and I have a couple questions.

1. How soon do I need to clean the glass after use?

2. Would I be able to just clean it after 2-3 uses or would the resin stain the glass? The tube doesn't really get dirty enough to really hurt with just one session but I don't want to leave it and find out it it wont come out later.

Thanks guys!

i clean my tubes after a few puffs with some 99% iso and rock salt. works like a charm. it works better to when the alcohol isn't exposed to oxygen so get it in and try to seal it before u shake it.

I clean my tubes every other day with 91% iso a salt and I don't have any problems with stains. If i'm being lazy 3-4 days between cleaning and I still don't have stains. I did have a stain on my perc once from stail smoke being left in the tube I had to us Grunge Off to remove it.

zep citrus degreaser
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Got a 5 gallon bucket filled with simple green. I just throw the tube in a night and rinse it out in the morning with vinegar. No abrasives and no shaking and easy as pie.

I rinse with scalding hot water after every use and with alcohol every day. After hardcore sessions salt and alcohol, rinse with hot water. Simple and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by quix View Post
    Got a 5 gallon bucket filled with simple green. I just throw the tube in a night and rinse it out in the morning with vinegar. No abrasives and no shaking and easy as pie.
    that's what i do. works like a charm. i love simple green. you can get it at a home depot, it's like 9 dollars. its definitely worth it. the tube comes out spotless.
    Last edited by glitch; 12-21-2009 at 06:37 PM.

If I bought simple green would it still make my tube spotless after say a week of not cleaning it (Say I smoked every other day)?