Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sulphur plasma lighting

The widest area at the bottom of the reflector is 18" across, bottom of the reflector to the top of the bracket is 19". Plus a few inches of 2x4 to brace up for the 50 lbs the thing weighs.
    Here's a link to what one 1kw plasma is supposed to do in veg compared to 6 x 400 watts of metal halide:
    http://www.sulphurplasma.com/biotronic.htm

yes but what you guys are forgetting to mention is the actual distant that light can emit its lumens. something like 16 feet you were saying ftw?
    FILL US IN.

also thanks for posting this man, i gotta admit, i have yet to see one of these hanging over plants as well. Nice to have it here at fmb.com

Bubble man

Alright finally get to see if these things are worth the money! Thanks for sharing.

I saw one at the PNW shop on Hastings about 9 yrs ago.You could not look into it, insanely bright.

Imagine a no shaded one in a vertical set up.

im pullin up a chair for this one, i am very interested in these lights.

2b2s

They're vegging up a bit, don't think I'm going to get these much larger before flipping them though, not really sure how big the footprint is & want to make sure all the tops stay in the light till it's finished.
    I think finishing them about 24" tall they should still be OK along the edges.
    Weather warmed up a bit, so they were under the plasma + 1 MH for a day then just the plasma since then & to the end. A couple guys think they'll do better with a sodium in there as well for the autumn spectrum but I want to do at least 1 show with just the plasma alone.
    I'll have to get myself a light meter one of these days to see just how far the intensity goes compared to the HID lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice FtW. I'm glad you are gonna run her once with no supplemental lighting. Lets see what this thing can do. Thanks again for sharing, you da man. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

this for sure is one of the nicer threads i have seen for years finaly some one tires it out and the talk can stop
    pulling up a chair to sit in lean back smoke the bong and enjoy the show
    u sure have some nice grows going ftw
    K.I.C.C
    proud member of JO.int since 1998

NASA is adding calcium bromide to get the autumnal spectrum.This should eliminate the need 4 supplemental hps. Here is a link.

http://www.techbriefs.com/content/view/2176/32/

2b2s
    Last edited by 2broke2smoke; 06-17-2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added info

The first unit I got was the red spectrum, but I plugged it in & no light came out... It was replaced with the full spectrum running now.
    Here they are after thier second day 12/12.
    Attached Images Attached Images