Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sulphur plasma lighting

Adding some co2, a new setup from Supernatural using the excellofizz pucks called the Excellowizard. Used the pucks before but was just dropping 1 in the water when I went into the room, so it was a quick blast of co2 without any regulation.
    This new setup works by displacing water with an airpump, so on a timer it doesn't waste when the lights are off. The instuctions say it should fill a 10' x 10' room to approx. 1500ppm when run for 15 minutes, I'm trying out 15 minutes on every 2 hours. I'll have to grab the regulator & sniffer out of the other room to see how it does & get it dialed in.
    Yes I noticed how dirty the old fan is, I'll have to clean it off tonight so I'm not blowing dust all over the girls...

Edit: Timer is set for 15 m every 2 hours not 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FtW; 07-06-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Interesting, I cant find that system on thier site tho.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

The excellowizard is brand new, might not have them in production yet.
    Something I just clued into, this is a 730 watt light. There's another one out there that uses 1360 watts for a 1000 watt output,the one I'm using is 1000 watts for a 730 watt output.
    These units use up a bit of power for the microwave ballast.

Cant wait to see how the show turns out.. hope everything turns out as lovely as all the other shows u put on...
    good luck with the experiment..

3 weeks in, looking healthy but quite a bit behind the ones in the other room at 3 weeks.

Perhaps it is the lower output of 730W vs the HPS at 1000W output that is slowing the development? Do you have a plasma bulb with a 'red' additive to try? Even tho they are going slower, they certainly look green and healthy. What about boosting 1 or 2 plants up higher and seeing if proximity to the light does make a difference? Are the temps in the 2 rooms staying about the same? Many thanks to you for being the experimenter for all of us with the plasma light.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Well here's a couple pics at 3 days shy of 4 weeks. Looking at the same starin in my newest show thread, these are getting pretty far behind. The 730 watts does have less power, but is supposed to give the girls more of the light they need than a 1000. Guess I would have to try the red output one to see how much difference the red spectrum makes.
    Temps are way different in the 2 rooms, in this room I had to put the exhaust fan on a thermostat to keep it from getting too cold, temps max at 73 degrees with the light on.
    They also drink much less, last watered over a week ago & the pots are still heavy. The other room pots get soaked every second or third day.
    Today I'm debating whether or not to put in a couple HPS till its done, otherwise it may take forever for a smallish yield.

I'm wondering if the light could be closer to the plants. (That ballast fixture looks heavy duty, btw.) That would be pretty far distance for a regular HID bulb.

this is awesome!!!! keep up the comparison shots....

-gp

I've got 48 pots under that thing, bringing id down more would cut off light from the sides a bit too much. Plus it weighs like fifty pounds. Also one of the reasons I wanted to try it was the distance of light intensity, supposed to push light a LOT farther than HID.
    Forgot the pics at 4 weeks, here they are at 31 days 12/12.