Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question related to digital whip-style vaporizer

Does anyone have any info on exactly what kind of water pipe they used? I mean, you would be getting a lot more tar in a grommet non-diffused bong than in a Toro or an SG.
    Glass by: SG Sovereignty, Toro, US Tubes, Headpeace Glassworks (trikky), SSFG, SSFG/Pilgrim, Luke Wilson

Also, I noticed that the quoted article snippet mentions a 'hotplate' vaporizer..... one of the very first and oldest styles of very ineffecient vaporization.....

I know my Herborizer is much more effective and enjoyable than one of those old clunkers.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Absolutely. That sounds familiar, that old model wouldn't compare to today's more advanced models. I have a digital whip-style vaporizer got off ebay, and I've never noticed any significant impact on my respiratory tract, period. It's great.

ShatterWulf, to avoid (and I'm not comparing different waterpipes, not sure about that) tar maximally, a vaporizer must be used to heat the material hot enough to release vapors, with no combustion occuring as tar is a by-product of combustion. If you're not preferring to invest in a more expensive kind, in my opinion the digital whip-style vaporizers provide just about everything you could want out of the vaporizing experience. They're usually not more than about $30 to $45 on ebay, so it's well worth the money.

yah the study is old and if you were to pick through it i'm sure one could find a lot of inconsistencies. i think they used product with less than 2% cannabinoids. the study used three types of bongs, one of them had a fucking battery operated fan IN THE WATER, to create additional diffusion. so the study wasn't perfect but it is one of the studies cited often when you hear that 'vaporizers are healthier than X'.

http://www.maps.org/mmj/vaporizer.html

i believe i grabbed the numbers i posted above from the study done in 1996.