Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Answer from TORO to all your crazy rumors!!!!!

Default Answer from TORO to all your crazy rumors!!!!!

All right--I haven't been on this site in a while and am seeing some things that I feel I must address.

First of all---where did the rumor that Zob makes toro's trees come from? Who ever is saying this, I challenge you to contact me or post on here exactly which sources are telling you this--because it is a blatant lie!!!! You may contact the west coast glass shop where Zob's are made and ask them point blank--if they are truthful, which, so far, in my experience, I have found them to be, then they will tell you that they do NOT make trees for TORO, and NEVER have. ALL of our trees are made in house, we would not have it any other way!

As for the West Coast glass production shop that has produced glass for top companies for many years, such as ROOR, LUX, SG Sovereignty, PHx, ZOB, and many others....did make some clear straight tubes for us--they have great joint weld seels for regular downtstems--IMHO--the best out there-- and many of our stores wanted some less expensive products from us, so I commissioned Stephen to do some work for me--this was 2 years ago--I also sent him a few of our OWN clear trees to put into percs for us with your basic removable downstems--I received @ 3-4 small orders from them over the last 2 years--the last order I placed was last February--but I will say that my experience with this shop was good and while we got charged more than other companies due to our high standards, I still have nothing but good things to say about them, for they have respected the work that JP does and have even agreed not to reproduce for themselves or other companies certain designs that they have seen in JP's innovation.

Soooo, to make a wordy answer short, the West Coast production shop has made some clear straights and some clear, TORO made, 8 arm tree percs, and this is it! and I may even place another order with them for clear straights because once again, that is their forte and not ours!

As for all and every worked tube, clear 8 arm fixed diffuser, and stemless tube---they are made in HOUSE!!! We have an amazing, yet SMALL, crew of people who work with us and we consider family! they each have their specialty.

JP works on every single perced piece that we make---I know some people may find this hard to believe, but it is 200% the truth---JP is, unfortunately for me, his wife, a serious workaholic! lol
    but I admire his drive, motivation, and work ethics. I wish and hope someday to even video tape him in action, it is seriously amazing to watch him--he literally has 2 lathes that he works between and dances from one to the other so he doesn't waste time while pieces are warming--and also finds time to make reversals in the midst of it, or pull some cane!!!!

As for sections--I would say that of all the TOROs out there--90% of the reversals are made by JP--if they are not, I invoice them to the store as to who the artist is or will write it in marker on the foot of the tube--these are the artists who we have worked with---EA, JEH(who works in our shop), Chris Carlson, Pakoh, Slinger, Ghost, J-Red, Snic, Tre, FREEK, Alex K, Dosher, Banjo, Ease, Gatson, Troy(whoopzip), Cowboy, HOPS and even Slutty while he worked here--I feel like I'm forgetting someone, and if I did, I am sorry! And there are more artists to come!!!!

So, I welcome any more questions and again put the challenge out there to the small few "rumor" starters to let me know where you're getting your info--

PS---Those of you who say we're so rich and made our money should come check out my bills each month--we live week to week--we haven't even come close to making it yet--but we still have fun and work hard despite the lack of payoff!!!
    Last edited by WAK; 12-28-2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: spelling!

Thanks for clearing up all the rumors, The work you guys do is topnotch.
    CG

I had wondered about the ZOB rumour and hoped it wasn't true. Love the quality from Toro and its nice to hear JP works on all the perc'd pieces. I personally want a Circ/Circ from Toro as my next tube and can't imagine it being anything but amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WAK View Post
    -these are the artists who we have worked with---EA, JEH(who works in our shop), Chris Carlson, Pakoh, Slinger, Ghost, J-Red, Snic, Tre, FREEK, Alex K, Dosher, Banjo, Ease, Gatson, Troy(whoopzip), Cowboy, HOPS and even Slutty while he worked here--I feel like I'm forgetting someone, and if I did, I am sorry! And there are more artists to come!!!!
    You forgot the_Goat .

So jp touches every single perc'd tube?

what happened to the splash guard?

and are the recent design's posted really in consideration for production?

I have always liked Toro tubes and will continue to like them. I was told by someone (who I wish not to name) that ZOB actually made trees for some toro tubes. I am glad that this is now cleared up and the true anwser is revealed. I have owned 2 ZOB tubes and I did think they were great tubes, that rumor had no effect on my thoughts on toro and I still feel that JP is a great and talented artist. Most people have jumped on the bandwagon to go against TORO, but I do not buy it and I still love Toro and are awaiting new toro products.
    .:Here is wisdom. Let Him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666:.

Anyone have anything to say to the crew themselves? Didn't really think so lol. Now that this is cleared up, i also think if you guys made a unique toro splash gaurd that is in all ur new tubes that can have one. If u guys came up with a sick splash gaurd and made it ur kinda "signature" splash guard, i think itd be super sick! Keep up the sick work toro. take it ez Wak.

I can appreciate fine lathe work when I see as I ahve been machining for 14 years>>>Thats whats intrigued me most about toro>>> I know what its like to hop from machine to machine ass and elbows>>>Here is my Collection

My favorite

How come there are no Ice pinches on the green one>>>Just wondering everyone that I have seen have them

Toros are high quality ... tell him to keep up the good work ..

I have a single perc'ed 8 arm diffuser tube from Toro. You stated that sent the West Coast glass production company 3-4 orders and then you state all single perc'ed tubes are made by JP? Not trying to mix up your words but I am just curious if JP actually touched my piece haha

WAK... what can you say about the source of the ground glass joints you have been using? have you switched suppliers recently?

i ask because recent pieces that i have purchased since July '09 seem to have much thinner joints, while I am a very careful glass collector unfortunately 3 toro pieces have broke on the joints for me. I admit one was my fault where i tapped the female joint of a king bubbler with another piece of glass and it flew off, however the other pieces, IMO, should've survived the stress it encountered (simple taps)

it seems that joints should have extra care paid attention to them as they do encounter alot of stress, i would go as far to say my illadelph joints seem sturdier than the current ones offered by toro