Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Answer from TORO to all your crazy rumors!!!!!

Abuse, JP most likely made the perc that would have been sent west coast to get put in.
    Glass By: Toro, SG, Roo, El Hefe, Darby, US Tubes, S4L, AK, RooR, Dosa

Default [[[[

Quote Originally Posted by EEbrew View Post
    You forgot the_Goat .

So jp touches every single perc'd tube?

what happened to the splash guard?

and are the recent design's posted really in consideration for production?
    I knew that I forgot at least one!!! sorry Goat!

Yes, JP works on every perc'd tube ---for some reasono you seem to have a hard time with this?

As for the splash guard, JP doesn't like them! Plain and simple

The JP percs are definitely being considered--the straight across, inline design one, is the first one that he did and what inspired JP to go with the offset ones, JP thought that the full across perc was way too harsh and had to be held just so in order to function properly---that's how he got into the offset ones!!! which he said, "If art was based on function, this would be one great art piece!!!!!"lol gotta love it that he can laugh at himself!!! but again, keep in mind that these three pieces are the very first that he very quickly put together. When he is making a prototype, he is not worried about perfection---but rather how will it function? their is no point in making a perfect prototype, only to find out that it doesn't even work---but JP is thrilled with these and will be perfecting these designs!

lol--I should have read all of the answers before I started to reply!!!! sorry to make multiple posts!!!

JP does have a concept for a splash guard -- it's pretty awesome==I'll see if I can't get him to put a sample out there!

as for joints--when we started--we used all of Fernando's joints--but they were a bit too inconsistent , so we switch to UST uber joints which are used for the J in the fixed diffuser, and bistibels (SP?) for trashcatchers--sometimes if we are out of the bistibels, we will use them for the t/c too--but it has been a year and a half since we made these changes--I will PM you about your broken joints though--I am always interested in any issue that may occur!

As for your 8 arm perc--if it is worked, the piece and tree were assembled here, if it is clear--there is a good chance that the piece was assembled in CA, but the perc was definitely made in house --but we do assemble some clear ones in house too--so I can't tell you 100% as to where it was assembled unfortunately if it is clear

Quote Originally Posted by WAK View Post

As for the splash guard, JP doesn't like them! Plain and simple
    Quote Originally Posted by WAK View Post

JP does have a concept for a splash guard -- it's pretty awesome==I'll see if I can't get him to put a sample out there!
    That was a fast change of mind lol

i think it is great you came out to confirm, but your really should stay in touch with the online community more, even tho you are extremely busy. as there are problems, unanswered questions, and unproven facts that spread. you loose alot of your customer base.

an im sorry but alot of people disproove the direction jp is heading. the off center "JP" perc is very unappealing, and asthetically unpleasing. i think the best thing a company can do is be and stay in touch with customer base and see what the know is. saying see if people are actually goin to buy a product or is it just rediculous for show...

i really dont like how the inline comes up over then back down and across on the new model, complete over kill imho. why cant he just make it centered put a hook tube out of one side into the inline and have it be a reg inline. all i ask is K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid, while innovating, and dont try to hard. its kinda making jp seems like he thinks hes falling off, im not saying he is tho, artists hit ruts...

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidDreams View Post
    That was a fast change of mind lol
    I believe she was saying that JP doesn't like the old design for Splashguards, therefore he doesn't put them in his tubes anymore.

nice to hear some conformation from someone "higher up." its awesome to see you taking the time to come on here and make things right Wak. keeping the Toro name clean.

2 questions for you-
    but have you guys ever tried circ to 13's instead of 13 to circ?

and have you even considered reinforcing the bottom trees on fixed stems?

thanks girl
    toro, ws, sg, luke wilson, roo, chris carlson, ak/sarah, salt, pakoh, hmk

reprezent sucka

Quote Originally Posted by glasstree View Post
    i think it is great you came out to confirm, but your really should stay in touch with the online community more, even tho you are extremely busy. as there are problems, unanswered questions, and unproven facts that spread. you loose alot of your customer base.

an im sorry but alot of people disproove the direction jp is heading. the off center "JP" perc is very unappealing, and asthetically unpleasing. i think the best thing a company can do is be and stay in touch with customer base and see what the know is. saying see if people are actually goin to buy a product or is it just rediculous for show...

Yeah I'm sorry wak, But these "JP percs" (lol) looks just like an epic bitch to keep clean if your that kinda guy that doesn't let his shit get dirty.

What exactly does jp dude to consider that he has touched that piece?

Also about the splash guard, You know who likes them? your customers who are willing to pay 4 figures for a bong. Jp needs to keep it mind, the people who buy his work might not like everything he likes, and girl you sure as shit aren't giving these tubes away for free.

thanks for all the hard work toro, wak, jp, everyone involved. i appreciate it!

one day i hope to own an 'old-style' toro inline

love my stemless disc straight though!
    Last edited by usg543; 12-28-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Oops

Wrong post
    Last edited by Ehleohehle; 12-28-2009 at 08:41 PM.