Thread: Early growth question

Default Early growth question

Do you think two plants could flourish in one pot (3 1/2 gallon unless I could get bigger), assuming they have the root space? I ask this because I was intending to possibly plant at least two seeds in order to ensure hopefully one (or more) of them grows up into adulthood. My startup would be just the basic sprouting in moist paper towels to about 1/4 inch of stem & then planting about 1/2 inch deep with stem pointing down.

By the way, I'd be planting seeds for medium-sized plant strains, all feminized. I already have several white widow seeds left, and was thinking of trying pure power plant or jock horror - these are pretty hardy, right? I ask because I wouldn't want them to have a hard time surviving the elements at earlier stages of growth, since I would only have buried the sprouted seeds at the time of setting the pot(s) outside.

Thanks

plant them in separate containers, when you go from the paper towel plant the germinated seedlings in a little dixie cup.

Something from 6 to 16 ounces would be fine.

Then the you wont have a bunch of soil with moisture in it thats not getting used, and it does not take but a few weeks for the roots to get full enough to transplant.

Should I just have the dixie cups sitting atop the actual pots outside? Like I said, I don't think I'd be doing any indoor growing of the seedlings ahead of time other than the sprouting in paper towels, only letting the sunlight and rain grow them outside.