Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen Bob Dobalina?

Default Has anyone seen Bob Dobalina?

I bought a diffuser and slide from him in late november. I paid for it on DECEMBER 6. He told me it'll be done "sometime this week" through December 14. After that, he has completely ceased communication. On DECEMBER 19, I filed a paypal claim due to non-reciept. He sent me a PM later that day something some personal issues, and that he'd make my items later that night. The next day I asked him for a tracking number, and he said something about breaking 5 diffusers and he cant do it baww haww. He offered me a fully worked diffuser and matching icepinch bowl instead of the clear showerhead/disc diffused set I'd asked for. I told him that was just fine, that the most important thing to me is communication. I cancelled the dispute on paypal. I haven't heard from him since, and I can't file another claim on paypal on a transaction I already made and cancelled a claim on.

I'm just curious if anyone is aware of something legit that he's getting into that's preventing him from giving me a diffuser/refund. Also if anyone has a Phone Number that he can be reached at, please PM it to me.

Also this is in head pieces because there's no buyer/seller beware thread, no general (non hash-related) discussion forum, and this is where everyone is.
    Last edited by bghjkl; 01-02-2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Glass by: Bob Dobalina, Boxfan, GravLabs, G-Spot, Phire, RooR, Stone GlassWorks, Wicked Sands ft Luke Wilson, Zob, Zong! and various local artists.

Sounds like you should PM a mod/admin and not make a post like this. As you said, the thread no longer exists to the public..

i'm just exploring the possibility that someone other than a mod/admin knows what's going on here.
    Glass by: Bob Dobalina, Boxfan, GravLabs, G-Spot, Phire, RooR, Stone GlassWorks, Wicked Sands ft Luke Wilson, Zob, Zong! and various local artists.

Quit dealing with Paypal and contact your bank.

However, if you paid with PayPal funds, instead of it tracking directly thru your bank account, then you're S.O.L.

And I'm sure he was aware of the cancelling-dispute thing. I sure am, and it's a scammer's dream, apparently.

bghjkl I'm with ya on this. I wrote in the buyer/seller feedback thread before it got taken down too. I myself paid bob too around the very beginning of december for a arm attachment which I never got.

Unless Bob makes things right, I don't think he should be on this site. I too haven't heard hardly anything from him.

Bob Dobalina is a good man, once he had me waiting for a mouthpiece attachment and he told me that he had been busy and to make up for it he sent me an disc diffused slide. I'm pretty sure that he has been busy doing other stuff this holiday season and hasn't got time around. I'm sure he is not gonna take your money, just be patient and you will probably get your glass soon.

The crux of this whole issue is that glassblowers shouldn't take money for custom work if they don't have the time to make it.
    Glass by: SG Sovereignty, Toro, US Tubes, Headpeace Glassworks (trikky), SSFG, SSFG/Pilgrim, Luke Wilson

it's a bad situation but I think Bob will make it right. once I bought an ice pinch from him and because he didnt send it out the NEXT DAY he sent me another one for free. he seems like a pretty legit guy...give him a few more days?

bob seems like a great guy, thats out to help the people. I hope he makes it right.

I do hope I receive my merchandise, I received one PM saying that he had some troubles. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since. I just don't like the lack of communication, thats the part that gets me. It's been over a month since payment.

i'm glad i'm not alone here.

I've had repairs done by him and i've bought stuff from him in the past and this is the first time i've had any trouble.