Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Good...

what I was amazed at was that the glass did not actually hit the tube at all, it hit my carpet, bounced a little and tapped the ashcatcher

somehow causing the tube to break but no other part (even though it pretty much hit everything BUT the tube)

BTW, I am not trying to bash the company at all. They make some of my favorite tubes out of all companies. I am just stunned that this happened.

I never thought my 9 mil would break unless I dropped it on concrete or something

My 5 mil zob survived a 4 foot drop on to granite a few years back

had the same problem with 2 7mm gears sorry for your loss bud.
    A tree is a tree...

Quote Originally Posted by abuse View Post
    Damn, this makes me wanna avoid '9mm' beakers all in all, straight tube 9mm roll
    same here. the only beaker i'd ever buy is a US Tubes. why i stay away from beakers is they have to stretch the glass, i heard US Tubes used more glass to combat this??? hopefully you just got a bad one. or if you bought it used, maybe it could have been repaired before...

anyways you hit glass at the right angle no matter how thick and it will break. i'm sorry, it's a loss.

contact puff like they said. i've seen him replace other tubes on tokecity before. if yours is really as thin as you say around the joint i'm sure puff will take care of you. try to snap some pictures.

if he doesn't or even if he does, you could get that repaired into a straight easy. so keep it! or even, how sick would it be to have an inline US tubes several guys around here do repairs! preston makes good inlines too from what i've seen.

and look at the bright side, now you get to buy new glass. wish i had an excuse
    Last edited by usg543; 01-03-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Picture

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9627/img7095.jpg

(too big so just click it)

That break was at a bit of an angle so its even thinner than it appears, The other side of the joint has at least 7mm of glass in the same spot measured in this pic

Usually with beaker bottoms they blow out the tubing so it doesn't actually stay the original thickness. Have you checked your broken pieces with a caliper to see how thick it actually was?

The majority of the beaker appeared to be 9 mil, its just that there was a thin part in a part of the beaker wall

but no I dont have a caliper, except for those ones on my car

Quote Originally Posted by fornoone View Post
    Usually with beaker bottoms they blow out the tubing so it doesn't actually stay the original thickness. Have you checked your broken pieces with a caliper to see how thick it actually was?
    Depends on the company, US tubes makes the actual beaker/base portion thicker then most of the tube from what I've seen; governmint also doesn't blow their beakers out (separately blown beaker attached to tube)

Quote Originally Posted by toalex89 View Post
    Depends on the company, US tubes makes the actual beaker/base portion thicker then most of the tube from what I've seen; governmint also doesn't blow their beakers out (separately blown beaker attached to tube)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
    The majority of the beaker appeared to be 9 mil, its just that there was a thin part in a part of the beaker wall

but no I dont have a caliper, except for those ones on my car
    I wasn't accusing US Tubes of making shoddy beakers, just offering a logical explanation as to the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
    is 9mm Glass when it breaks just as easy as 3mm glass

im so fucking pissed right now

I had a little glass full of ice

like a 4" tall glass that said coke on the side

I was fucking pouring ice in my tube and it slipped out of my hands and hit my ashcatcher...

My ashcatcher is fine, so is my downstem, bowl... but my fucking 9mm US Tubes beaker is in 100 pieces

How the FUCK does that even happen

waste of fucking money

I treat them all so fucking nice and stupid shit like this always happens

so fucking pissed right now

Guess it'l be vape / bowls only for now

Cause now I dont even know where to get another tube

/rant

You know profanity is the attempt of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully.......

I have to say... this is a classy post. Mrs.G
    Last edited by Mrs.Greengenes; 01-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Community milk and cookie pusher. Got CANNAMILK!

When I first saw a US Tube my buddy showed me how he could wack the tube against a piece of wood and I was amazed.

I am really sorry that happened to you man. I'm going to PM you about a glass blower who makes high quality tubes for a reasonable price. And is really easy to get in contact with.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.