Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a Hydro Raid

Sorry to hear that GS, I know you will rise above this shit (seems like you already have) BC HYDRO are some shady cats. . . . Glad the you and the dog and equipment are safe (hopefully the strains as well) Keep us posted
    Respect gets respect.

Thanks folks, will be on this when I can get on my laptop in a coffee shop or something. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I wish u all the best gs. positive vibes to you and ur dawg. peace.

Default Stay up!

DAMN THE MAN! I hate hearing this, especially involving someone as conscious as yourself. Persevere my friend! Glad you are staying positive.

I have no idea what BC hydro is. I'm sure your story will tell the tale.....

"Mi life soon sort out so mi nuh worry umm, my life soon happy, nuh matta weh dem talk bout, nuh move crabby umm nuh watch, nuh bad mind nuh body, mamma tell mi seh son gwaan hol a medz nuh mek no body trick you and come fool up you head, caz life soon sort out so mi nuh worry umm my life soon happy"

I miss ya GS .......

Glad to hear that you are safe and can't wait to hear from you in chat. Take care... peace and love -xo-

Mrs. G
    Community milk and cookie pusher. Got CANNAMILK!

Default BC Hydro is the power company for BC (british columbia)

surprise suprise.

Alright so I have a joint rolled and a bottle of water as well as some time so here we go.

The house is a small 2 bedroom main floor with a basement. I had a 10 x 14 foot flower room with 5000 watts of HPS. I had a double swamp cooler and a 2500 cfm exhaust fan. There were 2 Wing Devil fanx on the floor and a hepa filter. I had a Can100 cleaning the air in the room with the appropriate can fan.There were usually between 17 and 25 six foot plants in 5 gallon pots.

My veg room was 10 x 10 with one 1000 watt MH and 2 400 watt MH's. I had a 20 inch industrial fan on the floor moving the air. There were about 100 plants in veg at any given time, spread amongst about 45 strains. I also had at least 1 tray of 40 cuts covering 5 different strains at any given time. Rooted cuts went into 1 gallon pots for a month, then were transplanted to 2 gallon for a month and last into 5 gallon pots before going into flower. I do a perpetual harvest so there are always many stages of growth.

Spare bedroom upstairs was drying room it had an oil heater and Can50, I think with the appropriate fan to remove smell.

The house used about $695 in power every 2 months. Seems this was the limit for this house.

At the end of June I got a notice from the city saying that the hedge out front had to be trimmed as it was badly over grown. I have neither the tools nor the skills for such a job, so I called the landlord. He said he would come deal with it one day. He phoned one day and said he was coming over and asked for a power cord to be left out through the mail slot. He came over and worked on it for 5 hours that day even going on the roof. So glad I was there to shut down the exhaust fan. 3 day later I get another note from the city about the hedge. I was there at the time so I ran out and asked the fellow what was up. He said there was still 6 inches of side walk that was covered. I asked if he had noticed that a trim was already done and he told me someone must have complained. He said sidewalk must be completely clear to 8 feet up. I called the landlord and he came back, this time a further 4 hours and complete raping of the hedge. Couple weeks later my bill comes and for that 2 month period I have suddenly used $985. In power. $300 more than usual. Oh my gawd. This ends the set up part of all this. Peace GS

Exclamation

GS,

Sorry to hear about this. At least you still have your freedom. Stay strong, man.

Herbert A. Loaf.

So I get the cop knock at my door. I have a friend from out of town staying with me and I look at him and say oh oh. I open my peep hole the there are 4 people at the door. The front guy tells me BC Hydro, my local power company, has turned me in for high power consumption. He wants to come in and examine the power box. I said I don`t see anything in the way of a warrant so I don`t think so. He informed me that that was not necessary and that is why this route is chosen. I say ok well not much for me to say then. The 4 people were 2 hydro workers, an animal workers and a cop. He asked when we examine you panel are we going to find a grow. I said yes. He said is it a med grow, I answered that I had been speaking to a lawyer about it the day before. This was true, although I was not trying to become legal, just stating that a med program is divide and conquer for weed peeps. Anyways my med view have little to do with all this. He said well this is how it will go then. We are going to chop your plants and your power and leave. I said right this way, not giving them any chance to examine the main floor. As we came down the stairs I had a small angry plant Black Seed x Nigerian I had just recently received in a beer cup on the drier. The animal worker stated if this is any indication what this grow is like this will be interesting. Time for another break. Peace GS
    Last edited by Green Supreme; 01-04-2010 at 06:28 AM.