Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a Hydro Raid

So soon as you get into the basement the panel is visible. He asked if I altered anything and I told him an electrician friend had put it together. I had a timer board made with a Intermatic T-104 timer hooked to the stove outlet. My ballasts sat open on the burners of the basement stove except one, which was in a box on the fridge. Wires ran from the kitchen into the flower room for the bulbs. One hydro dude followed the wiring, the other asked me who my friend the electrician was and we all laughed. As one of them said , like I was gonna say. They looked into the packed veg room in shock. I told them the saddest part about this is that there are 45 strains in there and some will never be recovered again. Was funny I actually saw shame on their faces.
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Then another officer in full uniform with a gas mask entered and started cutting the veg plants. Meanwhile,the wire following hydro guy and the head cop from the front door went to check the flower room. Me, the other hydro dude and the animal control lady waited near the back door. She looks at the garbage bags by the door and her face drops, "Is that all bud?". No, used dirt I laughed. The guys come out of the flower room,"Man never seen one like that before. Lotta empty space in there". I was like sounds like you are trying to pigeon hole me into a wrong category. "Where's the CO2?" Again I say you are trying to pigeon hole me. I was like what are you folks going to do when cannabis is legal. The head dude say, "Oh they will always have work for me." Wire chaser says, I am gonna grow weed everyone will. I say, well not everyone makes booze and its legal. I then turned to them, "I bet you all drink booze, huh?" Again I see shame. They say you should get a med grow going, you seem to be good at what you do and you will be safer. I said I doubted being legal would mean I would be safer. I mean booze and alcohol are legal and you almost never hear of anyone stealing that shit. LOL.

wow. just wow.. GS you're one hell of a smooth criminal!
    sounds like you know exactly what to and what not to say and that is THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT! cannot, absolutely cannot stress that enough.

If a cop can get away with doing something illegal in order to make a better case, they will do it. and the prosecutor and the judge will not say a damn thing..

best of luck friend! both with these troubles and your next op..
    Last edited by DCALLSTARR; 01-04-2010 at 03:27 AM.

I am sure they don't encounter may folks in this situation that remain as calm as I was, because they asked me all kinds of grow question. I did my best to answer. I figure curiosity is a step toward acceptance. By then the masked officer was done and moved on to the flowering plants. Took him maybe five minutes. Then they chopped power and shut off the gas. I let them out the basement door and locked it , then walked up stair. I looked out the window to see the masked officer walking toward a 5 ton cube van with 2 contractor bags. Not what they were expecting I guess.They left a sign on the front door saying the house was not fit for occupancy because of an illegal grow. The raid portion was over. No charges laid.

ps.They took nothing but the power,gas and the live plants. Upstairs the drying room and all my jars were intact. Also had a lb. of cubensis, an oz. of cyanescens ,8 cyan spore prints,200 hits of acid and 1/2 gram of dmt. Peace GS
    Last edited by Green Supreme; 01-04-2010 at 05:06 AM.

So this becomes mine and my friends first chance to discuss it all. We both agree its all very surreal. I was like are you ok. He said ,I was once I heard you laughing down there. Seems after a bit the head guy came up and asked him questions. Nothing too deep just name and what are you doing here kinda thing. Then my buddy educate him on Rick Simpson and how cannabis oil was saving his life. He said he laughed because the whole time they had to listen to iriefm.net on my computer``Jamaica`s number one reggae station``. I said let`s go puff with Marihuanaman and off we went.

My best wishes going out to you bro.. hope you get back on your feet soon.

Ok so on to a bus and off to Pottv offices. We arrived and Marihuanaman asked how I was doing. I said not bad for a guy just busted. Seems one of the most frequent reactions is disbelief. We puffed a few joint then I ask Marihuanaman if they have had many growers just busted in here right after busts. He said you would be surprised how often it happens, but usually the growers are askin for weed to puff not getting him high lol. Hung around for a bit then back home. We spent the night in the house. For these purposes if not any others it is worth having a house with a fireplace. That and an oil lamp and nights not so bad. Peace GS

WOW, take care GS, thinking of you,
    catch ya in chat soon

mozz
    Before you ever make fun of an old person, consider that the alternative to old is, not old...
    and the only way to achieve not old, is not good

Day 2
    -took apart entertainment center and computer
    -small packing
    -Inquired into funds

Slept at house, last night with buddy there. Peace GS

Day 3
    -packed dishes
    -more small packing
    -first internet contact
    -Acquired funds
    -First shower

Slept at the house. Peace GS