Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California

Default California

Hey, I'd like to start a little discussion regarding California cannabis use. I'm kind of considering the advantages of living there when you take cannabis use into account. I know it may be pretty obtainable in a few other states, like Colorado, too.

I'm under the impression that it's probably one of the most lenient states with cannabis decriminalization, maybie comparable to a few others in the lower 48 (other than Alaska), I'm not sure, but do you basically just say to the vendor that you'd like to buy a card and then get your card? That, and maybie just state some nonsense as your reason, like, "anxiety," or "stress," or "depression," etc. Do you think it is overall really easy to get a MM card in the state? I think I've heard that it is indeed very easy (I mean, you might have to give some kind of reason you need it).

I know they're also thinking of moving toward general legalization instead of decriminalization around this year, which would be way better.

What do you think?
    Thanks a lot

in order to get a recommendation from your doctor...you must have a valid ailment...98% of the mmj doctors require something written from a MD...and something proveable....

try eisenberg in los angeles, out of state works well.
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Cali is the best, getting a card is easy, move here.
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

Yeah, I would wish getting the card is pretty easy like you say. If it's $100 a year, that seems kind of expensive unless you're growing, and I hope renewing it yearly wouldn't be a complicated issue with remaining qualified or whatever. The only symptoms I could imagine saying would be milder & more common stuff, since I don't really have any severe health problems. I would by all means want to move there someday as long as I could get a card, you know? I could've sworn I heard that all you need to get something written from an MD is a common condition, so to speak. That'd be sweet if the MDs are pretty lenient there with writing recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by crAZjoeherbizzle86 View Post
    Yeah, I would wish getting the card is pretty easy like you say. If it's $100 a year, that seems kind of expensive unless you're growing.
    expense of a doctor's visit has nothing to do with growing. but if you think that is highly priced then you should not think about cali. most mj doc's charge $200 $100 is to renew after 1yr

ps. i pay $75 every 3 months for a non mj doctor for other reasons
    Last edited by 00420; 03-11-2010 at 06:33 AM.

I almost pm'd you this, but since u started a thread I guess I will put it here. It's just tricky to answer because you're almost questioning the integrity/legitimacy of prop 215 and sb 420, something we Californians have fought hard for.

Years ago when I first got my recommendation, I was still fairly new to CA. So first I had to get a CA ID, that's step 1. After being given my temporary license (it was a piece of paper with no picture) I went straight to San Diego to go to a MMJ Dr I won't mention. There were 20 people in the waiting room all college co-eds if I were to guess. I went to the receptionist and gave them $150, that's before seeing the Dr. I had no medical records, nothing, just my piece of paper ID. The Dr gave it to me for 3 months. During that time period I was expected to provide them with medical records that proved my ailments, and then they would extend it for the full year. I have plenty of documentation so it all worked out.

Recently I moved to Northern CA, and had to get a new Dr. The Dr's are more legit up here and actually expect you to have at least 2 documented ailments. I just had my acupuncturist write me a referral and I took it to the "Canna Dr".

Moral of the story, yes anyone with a CA ID can get MMJ. I've seen places with lines and a window at then end, you pay they give you card. However, your recc. is only as legit as your Dr. Dr's get indicted and fucked with all the time for 'selling' recs. Bottom line is cannabis allows me to live more comfortably for dozens of reasons, some medical, some not so much. The beauty is it's not some harsh gnarly over the counter pill with questionable side effects, and you can actually control your own dosage. So, in my humble opinion cannabis should be available to all and used to help with things as small as a headache or stomach ache to much more severe conditions like AIDS patients with serious wasting disease.

In the end, you don't really need it, especially in Nor Cal. Meds are cheaper and usually better on the street. Over all Cannabis use is pretty much accepted up here, especially compared to other parts of the country.

Hope that helps,,, as far as it being expensive, I agree, it is a luxury unfortunately.

You can get a brand new one for 50-60 and have it renewed for 40-50.

Just got mine renewed for another year a week ago.

Ohhhh and if you think mmj cards for 100 are in some way expensive don't move to cali, rent is outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by 00420 View Post
    expense of a doctor's visit has nothing to do with growing. but if you think that is highly priced then you should not think about cali. most mj doc's charge $200 $100 is to renew after 1yr

ps. i pay $75 every 3 months for a non mj doctor for other reasons
    lol that is so not true