Thread: Health and Vaporization

Default Health and Vaporization

Hey, I'm still a little curious in relation to another question I posted...

Does cannabis bought right from any random seller, dealer, whatever term you want to use, particularly when it appears to have healthy, fluffy buds, have toxins in it that would be vaped off?

I'm only vaping (when I took up vaping a few times for a few months each) at temps of about 345-375, of course using MEDIUM SPEED CONSISTENT DRAWS (not drawing too slow, which as you may know, may overheat). These things are KEY to vaporizing. Drawing too fast, which does the opposite of too slow, is not a problem, contrarily, as it underheats the plant material. I honestly think my lungs felt particularly better when using the fluffier more potent buds.

I find it very reasonable to assume these fluffier buds look like they were raised like just about anyone would grow pot, with care to the plant development and nothing too unusual. The only sure option, like someone said, to just about completely avoid getting any toxins into your lungs when vaping is to grow your own if you can't get medical mj. I would largely prefer this option, it's just the waiting that makes it harder.

I have definitely become a lot healthier after quitting smoking a little while back and only vaping a few times after that.

Thnx

Are you asking if fluffy buds have more toxins or less toxins? If that is your question then I believe that marijuana has the same amount no matter the type although they do vary slightly, not by a noticeable amount. Whatever strain you vape, you are enjoying the great herb in a healthier way that smoking it. So what I am basically trying to get at here is that the bud doesn't matter when you are vaping, and the toxins are not vaporized. Of course different strains will have different affects.

If I totally missed what you were asking please re-state your question.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

I did mention that I felt a little healthier after having vaped a given amount of more potent buds vs. same amount of less potent. I think my main question was whether any toxins get into the final product that gets vaped, as obtaining an entirely organic product is uncertain as far as I know.

I know vaping drastically reduces or almost eliminates the amount of toxic material being breathed vs. smoking. If a product is not entirely organic, but mostly organic, it'd be nice to say that like you put it, toxins are not vaporized if there are any in the plant matter. If not any product available was entirely organic, I would personally tend to speculate that many available would indeed be mostly organic.

I would like to add that most toxins are only inhaled when you use a flame and smoke the weed you have. Most toxins will not get "extracted" (can't think of a better word atm...) when you are vaping your ganja.

P.S. Correct me if I am wrong guys.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

"Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Well first off forget everything you are talking about when comparing "fluffy buds" to "non-fluffy"

That has nothing to do with the amount of toxins of chemicals.

It all has to do with the strain and the grower.

I tried to answer your cryptic ass question before...

Now i am not sure what type of "toxins" you are even referring to.

Do you mean like pesticides and growing chemicals? environmental toxins?

Or just toxins that would normal be given off as a byproduct of combustion?

Like i said trying to answer this question in your other post i do not know what the vaporization point of typical N-P-K chemicals are but they could still be present if the grower does not flush the plants.

Thank you, BigManNew, that sounds promising enough - positives outweigh negative risks for me now, as I thought most toxins don't get extracted with vaporizing. Then no worries for me man. Oh yeah, lepstadder, I was just mainly referring to pesticides and growing chemicals.

I would assume that the vapors of any compounds, including any toxins, that vaporize at a temp at or below the temp you are using to vaporize your sample, would all be present within the vapor you produce from that sample. I have tasted neem oil in vapor more than a few times.

Obtaining your cannabis from a trusted source is a must for the safest and healthiest vapor.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatRip View Post
    Obtaining your cannabis from a trusted source is a must for the safest and healthiest vapor.

Cannabis is Cannabis. Inspect your weed before you buy it. Don't buy the shit that was picked way to early or has a lot of seeds etc... Most dealers now get their bud from the medical club or the people who supply the medical club. You don't have to worry about the bud.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

also like i said in the other thread you can rinse your buds off under cold water to remove any types of residual that is on the surface of the plants and it wouldn't ruin your pot

Really BigManNew? Do most dealers really buy their bud from people who supply the medical clubs? I'm assuming you're referring more to the stuff sold as "dank," the higher end quality stuff, etc. I'm not in a medical state, but there is some quality cannabis I've vaped, or so I found it. Either way, I'm sure it's grown just like the medical growers.