Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tumbler

if u could build one of these with a mini blast freeze unit attached and some thing that turns very slow while the head's are cold so as to not irritate the plant material to much? would it produce a higher quality sift?

the bman told meh theyre in full production, should be out for sale soon i suppose

nice video, though the audio is hard to hear. glad to see these are in production. has the 'bubble box' been officially named yet????

^^That sifter uses a much bigger screen than the one b'man talked about in the video though. That one has a 180u on the barrell, and b'man said the one in the video was 120; 180 would be too big for melty bubble, no?

edit:
    teehee; post 69
    Glass by: SG Sovereignty, Toro, US Tubes, Headpeace Glassworks (trikky), SSFG, SSFG/Pilgrim, Luke Wilson

the APE extractor has 180 micron mesh, this is way too open for great quality dry sift...120 ~ 140 micron meshes produce a much cleaner end result

and another fault with that APE extractor is that it spins around really fast...insanely fast!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

Default Ape

The APE uses a different technology then most of the Tumblers out there. The Faster motor and large Screen Size is just a example of the different technology. These are for a reason, Most tumblers, spin so the material just rolls around on the screen, causing more plant debris to break down causing contamination to your resin powder. The APE's motor speed allows for the plant material to Bounce on the Screen releasing the Resin Glands and not breaking down the plant material.

I am smoking 30 minute Hash from the APE and love it!! Best Tumbler Hash I have smoke here in the USA in awhile.

Aqua Lab Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Lab Tech View Post
    The APE uses a different technology then most of the Tumblers out there. The Faster motor and large Screen Size is just a example of the different technology. These are for a reason, Most tumblers, spin so the material just rolls around on the screen, causing more plant debris to break down causing contamination to your resin powder. The APE's motor speed allows for the plant material to Bounce on the Screen releasing the Resin Glands and not breaking down the plant material.

I am smoking 30 minute Hash from the APE and love it!! Best Tumbler Hash I have smoke here in the USA in awhile.

Aqua Lab Tech
    interesting. i am a believer that larger screensize gives better results.
    i harvest more whole unbroken trichomes using paint strainers for 5gal
    buckets than 190u screening. with no increase in green matter.
    pressed kif from whole trichomes smells and tastes better.and this is not only my opinion
    i got a 7gal food grade bucket and cut the ends off. reconnected with metal rods to form squirrel cage. barbeque spiget thru middle. hand crank on end. place in plastic lined box. squirrell cage has paint strainer bag
    drawn around it. load with 1/4 elbow at a time. light 5 minutes of cranking i take time to clean pot. then stuff pot into gallon ziplocks and placed in freezer for ice/water full melt.
    with light dry sifting before ice/water extraction i have increased grams of kif from product.
    with the bigger netting you don't have to beat the sht out of product as much. and i'm telling you if done right less green stuff.

oh aqualab i've almost out grown my rezinizer wash machine. working for the dispensarys. thinking about getting a real washmachine and just loading up machine with ice and produce without everything in strainerbag.

taking drysift and putting in seal a meal bag. submurge in 170 degree water for 3 hours. place sealed bag in freezer for several hours.
    this cured decarboxylized product is sweet not harsh and the high
    is eurphoric. sweet dark colored. important to freeze because seal a meal bag sucks down tight and slightly compresses resin.

The Faster motor and large Screen Size is just a example of the different technology.

is part of that "different technology" centrifugal force by any chance? (lol)

I'm sure it's great, quality starting material = quality dry sift every time...but that's just part of the story, great hash starts with plants grown to perfection, careful handling during harvest and drying, then aging etc..

interesting. i am a believer that larger screensize gives better results.
    i harvest more whole unbroken trichomes using paint strainers for 5gal
    buckets than 190u screening. with no increase in green matter.

If it works for you, go for it......open meshes are good for material that is recently dried as the resin is much tackier, but this does not apply to well aged material. Note that Sam the Skunkman and just about every commercial producer of dry sift waits at least 3 or 4 months before working the material, there's several reasons for this.

with light dry sifting before ice/water extraction i have increased grams of kif from product.

there's only X amount of resin heads on the material to begin with, with all things being equal, a light dry sift before ice hashing won't increase any yield over ice hashing alone....but you are right, if you are going to dry sift then ice hash the material, it's best to do a very light (dry) sift then ice it

with the bigger netting you don't have to beat the sht out of product as much. and i'm telling you if done right less green stuff.

when dry sifting, the first 20% of resin heads will pass through the mesh with very little contaminant, you could even initially work the material over an insect mesh from your window for a few minutes and still get very nice "blonde" quality...that's the easy part, the other 80% requires a different approach

happy hashing!
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 05-18-2010 at 08:35 AM.

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................