Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: head shops in central fl

Quote Originally Posted by lepstadder View Post
    Grateful J's in boca, they have glassblowing studio in the shop
    thats a surprise they must have upped their game because all i remember being in there last year was over priced phxs

ive spoken with the owner of LB and he said he will match ANY price on any piece that you can get elsewhere. hes selling LW bubblers for like 350 or smthing and i was like dude on aqualab you can get them alot cheaper and hes like "oh yea aqualab, well ill match any shipping price you can show me, im here to make money ya know".

he over prices everything even when he knows hes overpricing. guys a douche imo.

but for everyone thats thinking of going there check out the pieces and then see where you can get em cheaper then really you just email the dude and tell him his prices are ridiculous and im pretty sure hell give it to you at a NORMAL price.

^^^^^LMAO dude its his shop he can mark up prices as much as he wants !!!( i dont really care about this not here to argue!), but if u dont like prices somewhere dont go there u feel me? no need to bash on people trying to make a living!! i dont care much for their prices either but like u said he will match and maybe beat any price u show him...

Thanks for the replies guys
    I looked at LB's myspace... his collection is a joke
    He has the oldest toro's with the ugly label
    And Miami is too far away to get over charged like that
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em

my point was kiefonfire, that shit there is expensive and the dude knows hes hacking the prices high as fuck and trust me this guy seems pretty well off hes more than making a living, he also said somthing about opening one or two shops in the boca area.

oh and he talked about fullmeltglass saying that some toros or somthing they had up they really didnt have i dunno i guess he was trying to bash FMG

There are 00000 quality shops in Florida beside Laughing Buddha. That doesn't mean I like the owner, but the store is better than anything in this state. Grateful j's is a bunch of cheap glass, went in there a month ago, won't ever go back. Haven't been to the store you guys are talking about in Clearwater, but other than that Buddha is the only decent glass shop around. I live in South Florida but go to school in Orlando, and not one shop here has quality glass. New Galaxy is trying to bring some "headier" glass so says the owner, but he doesn't want to bring too much because he doesn't think the customer base is enough for it.

umh raided? names to the fbi? i work there. id like to know when this happened. lol at hedeez!

and ugly collection? now this is just bullshit.

****Come on in 25% off for FMB****
    Last edited by mr.roorstein_rw; 03-26-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    its like killing a unicorn.....with a bomb.PE
    SteveSmokeyJones: then make her get a job at dennys while you chill

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roorstein_rw View Post
    umh raided? names to the fbi? i work there. id like to know when this happened. lol at hedeez!

and ugly collection? now this is just bullshit.

****Come on in 25% off for FMB****
    That's what I'm talking about Mr. Roorstein, I need to stop by and see what you guys got in stock. LB is the BEST headshop in Florida! If you don't know your shit about glass you can get taxed, but every time I've gone there with cash in my pocket I ALWAYS got a good deal. They always got a nice selection of quality glass. The MySpace doesn't post pics of everything in the shop.

Hey, I've been working as the manager of LB for the last few months (since Jan 2010), and have been a customer of the shop for about a year before that. I realize that this is my first post on FMB so those who don’t agree with me might try and use that to discredit what I say, but I made an account specifically to try to set a couple of things straight. (I do have an account on GD, if anyone cares to verify).

First off the comment somebody made about LB being raided and handing over info to the FBI. There is not an ounce of truth to this. In fact it’s laughable (no pun intended) to think the FBI concerns themselves with head shops like Laughing Buddha to begin with.

In terms of our glass collection… check out the pics on facebook, they speak for themselves. On a side note, Jason Lee would probably be offended if he heard you calling his work “a joke”. So would Freeek, Luke Wilson, Mike Fro, Ghost, Salt, Scott Deppe, Dale Sommers, Eric Ross, and all the other artists we have displayed in the store right now. Just sayin’.

Lastly in regards to pricing, I have this to say. Yes, sites like Aqua Lab can afford to sell their glass cheaper. This isn’t a surprise for anyone who understands business, and the difference between an online store and a brick and mortar shop like Laughing Buddha. An online store has far fewer costs and that factors into the price. Maybe you’ve heard of Amazon.com? They beat a lot of
    prices compared to a brick and mortar shop like Best Buy. Some people buy everything from Amazon and probably save a few bucks, others like to come into a shop, physically see the product up close, and take it home the same day without having to worry about it being seized in shipping, arriving dirty or arriving broken. And even after all that is said, we will STILL match prices from sites like aqua lab. Even though they get 3-4 units at a time, and are constantly out of stock.

At the end it’s up to you, you don’t have to shop with us. But if you are looking for some sick glass, come check us out at the least. I PROMISE we won’t call the FBI on you. And yes, FMB members receive 25% off their purchase, just mention the forum before you pay.

Ehh i'd say lb is one of the only shops with decent stuff in FL. I bought a chillum there a few months back. They are a bit overpriced, and the guy that was working that day seemed like he didn't want to sell me anything, basically uninterested and kind of rude. I'm not sure who he was, probably not the guy posting as lb in this thread, but that was just my experience with them.