Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I not getting melty dry sift?

Hybrid View

Default Why am I not getting melty dry sift?

Ive tried 3 strains 2 of which were outdoor and I wasn't really expecting to get the full melt out of those. But I just ran some whiteberry that came out of my indoor and the stuff wouldnt bubble. I cant believe it. I make ice hash from that strain and it bubbles, why not with the bubble box? Am I doing anything wrong? I got all my info from this site.

Last edited by anhedonia; 01-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.

sifting for full melt is much more of an art than making bubble...Its a learned technique...it helps a great deal if you can do your dry sifting in as a cold a temp you can get

NorCalTrichomePro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fullmeltbubble View Post
    sifting for full melt is much more of an art than making bubble...Its a learned technique...it helps a great deal if you can do your dry sifting in as a cold a temp you can get
    Uhh, wrong.

Why on earth do people INSIST that making dry sift is like making bubble hash??

STOP IT. Frozen trim/buds = broken/fragged stalks. Jeebus you guys are nooBs.

For the love of god. I thought this site was providing decent information to people on the interwebz!?!?!

Bubbleman what's up brah??

So are you saying you cant just buy the bubble box and get full melt, that you have to be experienced in making it in the first place????

there's a technique...its defintly more of an art form....than a technique....if you have a strain that is a confirmed melter...keep trying...go into a walk in freezer(or outside if its freezing) and do a quick rub....lightly.....

Quote Originally Posted by fullmeltbubble View Post
    there's a technique...its defintly more of an art form....than a technique....if you have a strain that is a confirmed melter...keep trying...go into a walk in freezer(or outside if its freezing) and do a quick rub....lightly.....
    Im acctually not sure if this is a full melt strain. I run it through my four bag set and get some bubbley ice hash. I guess I assumed it would also make full melt dry sift. I still have a few more strains in my garden that I'll test out.

Even if you can fit your arms, bubblebox and stuff into your kitchen freezer it would help. Also do a quick sift first and pull the resin and check it. You can also sift more, but you can't really un-sift.

DNRDustin Guest

dont expect that just cause you followed the instructions you'll get full melt. practice makes perfect. and perfection takes some care.

check my threads if you havent already (hopefully that helps).

also i dont use cold(not saying you guys are wrong just saying i sift at room temp) but ive noticed low humidity helps A LOT (bone dry bud is a must too).

you also must be patient when carding i recommend breaking it up across many days for the 70u dry sift. the yeild is incredibly low as well if your going for all heads. good luck. oh ya magnification helps as well to know when you can stop cleaning. OR you can always smoke it and just watch for melt to know haha. peace man.

Blue dream, white berry, jack herer. Still no full melt. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong or is it tough to find that particular strain that makes full melt sift? Still not using a jewelers loupe but I feel I compensate for that by crumbling dry frozen trim up onto the contaminate screen and gently sift for 2-3 minutes then back into the freezer and repeat. Then sift through the top 2 until there is a little pile on the 3rd screen to put on a bowl. All of my sift burns instead of melting.

Another question....Does it matter if trichome stalks are in your final product? Do they melt as well?