Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why am I not getting melty dry sift?

NorCalTrichomePro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    I wonder why....

As soon as you crumble your starting material, you are dooming yourself. This introduces fine particulate, the enemy of meltiness. Trim is also not first quality material to be starting with.

Try this: (In a walk in freezer if you can, with all materials and tools pre-frozen) Take a nicely trimmed and cured good sized bud with lots of crystals on it, put it on top of the first screen.... gently roll it from 1 side to the other a few times.... remove bud... get fresh bud, roll it gently back and forth a few times.... keep repeating... GENTLY rolling.. not bashing, shaking, scraping, rubbing, carding or whatever... Then you will have the best chance of obtaining the product you seek.

Yes, the yield will be much lower than if you crush or crumble your starting material, but the purity will also be way up. In the concentrate game, the more pure your final product, the less yield you get. If you go for quantity, then you sacrifice quality, period.

Yes purists (ie Bubbleman, Sunkman Sam, ond others of similar taste) consider capitulate stalks contaminant as the essential oils and thc are contained in the trichome heads. Most folks would be happy to have just heads and stalks and no other contaminants, which should hopefully still be pretty melty in the bowl.

Hope this helps some,
    YBG
    Wrong.

Lol. What, you going to crumble your buds up to get them tiny trichs in there, genius?

Good lord, just stop talking. Trim is how most of the pro's are making this stuff.

Rolling buds over screens hahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaha. Jesus.
    Last edited by NorCalTrichomePro; 07-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Perhaps you would do better if you read the entire thread. I was telling someone not to crush thier material and contaminate thier product. You crush yer trim up first do you? Assclown. Fuck off with yer negativity. So busy hating, and bashing, but you dont want to be nice or share yourself? Troll.

(In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response)

Yup, thats you alright. Thanks for comming, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Buh-bye.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Good advice Jack. When trying for full melt sift,your first run is going to be your best run. Be gentle and don't overwork your material. I don't roll the buds with my whole hand,my technique is sort of a finger tap to lightly roll and dislodge the trich heads.

After processing a bud,remove your screen and look at the hash. Is it whitish/amber? If so,you're about as close to full melt as you can get with a simple sift,IMO. Keep at,with the same light pressure roll,checking your results often. The stuff should be whitish to amber,bubble and make you a one toke joke.

It might not be the "pure melt" but it's close enough that you won't care.

DrySiftWizard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    Perhaps you would do better if you read the entire thread. I was telling someone not to crush thier material and contaminate thier product. You crush yer trim up first do you? Assclown. Fuck off with yer negativity. So busy hating, and bashing, but you dont want to be nice or share yourself? Troll.

(In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response)

Yup, thats you alright. Thanks for comming, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Buh-bye.

YBG
    You said 'trim isn't the best material to use for dry sifting'...

And you're wrong. So why are you giving people bad advice?

Trim, when done right, has a smaller chance of breaking up too small than buds do. The Trichs are on the leaves in heavy concentrations.. rolling buds is pointless, as you're not hardly going to yield anything, so why bother?

Lol.

Default toronto web design seo

I really like all the points you have made.