Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not getting melty dry sift?

well fuck meh doobeh. been tryin to pick up one of those cameras, but wasnt sure how good the magnification/ lense was.

gotta get on that now
    real nice pictures

n of course dry sift

p.s(may be a bit off topic, sorry to stray from anhedonias post) but i dont see myself running any dry sift in the near future, i can barely afford bubble bags. the only reason it is appealing because of terpene conservation. is there a way to acheive the same flavor...or close maybe with bubble bags?

edit: btw feel free to pm me if you dont wanna follow me straying lead, thanks
    Last edited by salad931; 04-09-2010 at 06:17 AM.

not sure if oyu meant bbags for water or dry sifting ive personally never used bbags for dry but im sure it would work just use the appropirate microns 73 90 and 120 and stretch it over a plate or bowl that has a bit of area to collect would prolly work.

and if you meant water... i find some strains retain the flavor more through water washing. i believe this is from alcohol/fat soluble terpenes in higher abundance in specific strains where as most strains have many water soluble terpenes which just get rinsed down the drain
    if you dont wanna do dry sift runs just make a TINY bit(using a bubblebag or screen of some sort) to add to the bubble OR find strains which carry the majority of the flavors through the water process(this will be tougher and more time consuming than just adding a bit of dry sift but prolly more worth it in long run).
    i find dry sift a more complex stone... but if you wanna go only water hash and no dry sift your gonna have to strain hunt for something that holds its flavor through the water. oh ya i wanted to add. does anyone think the rain on outdoor herb lowers its terpenes ? could the rain wash away like water hash? or do live trichomes behave diff with water than harvested? just a thought would appreciate others input hope that answers your question salad

Eah thanks! When do you suggest to add the sief? While drying? An yes I meant with bags

Another question. If you have sift that clogs your screens, does that mean theres heads that will melt? Just curious.
    I'll be planting some atomic shiva in a few days. Doc chronic gave me a dispatch notice friday morning and they were in my mailbox monday afternoon. Just waiting to get some new t5's and a tent. Hoping this shiva will give me the quality glands I want.

Perhaps your material isn't dry enough. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by doobiehuffer View Post
    heres 200x vs 50x or so. to give you an idea of why i like the usb

200x

50x
    Wow, nice shots. I have been looking at them recently and reading reviews but nice to see pics of what I will be using it for. I am in the same boat, looking to make a better sifted hash.

do it in a walk in freezer LOL
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

I have been working in my garage, about 40 degrees at night. Raining now so I am on hold but really waiting on the digital scope so I can record my findings and post some pics of my results. I know what I have done so far has made a tremendous difference in taste and potency.

what a buzz-kill

NorCalTrichomePro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fullmeltbubble View Post
    sifting for full melt is much more of an art than making bubble...Its a learned technique...it helps a great deal if you can do your dry sifting in as a cold a temp you can get
    Uhh, wrong.

Why on earth do people INSIST that making dry sift is like making bubble hash??

STOP IT. Frozen trim/buds = broken/fragged stalks. Jeebus you guys are nooBs.

For the love of god. I thought this site was providing decent information to people on the interwebz!?!?!

Bubbleman what's up brah??