Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preference on inline or not?

Default Preference on inline or not?

It seems a lot of people are turning more and more to inlines rather than traditional downstems, including myself. I find my inline to be a lot smoother than my last bong. Is there a consensus that inlines are superior? What's everyone's thoughts

Inlines are great, a little bit more temperamental in terms of holding it level and water levels, but I'd prefer it over a traditional downstem. But, I'd prefer a fixed stem to a tree more than an inline.
    Subtle is the Lord, Malicious He is not.

hehe I love my fixed stem inline beaker

I think you're just seeing the widening of the availability of inlines or other fixed stem pieces. I think the whole glass community is just coming to the realization that fixed stem/inline > downstem.
    Glass by: SG Sovereignty, Toro, US Tubes, Headpeace Glassworks (trikky), SSFG, SSFG/Pilgrim, Luke Wilson

yeah it really seems that way doesn't it, not to mention having at least one perk, I can't wait to get a better ash catcher. Smoking a normal downstem bong just doesn't satisfy me anymore haha

There's rumor that Roor US is gonna come out with a revolutionary downstem (tree) series under a different name, so don't lose hope quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaherb View Post
    There's rumor that Roor US is gonna come out with a revolutionary downstem (tree) series under a different name, so don't lose hope quite yet.
    haha you mean sheldon black man? if yes they've been out for awhile

Luke Wilson is also putting out some multi-arm downstems, I think they're kind of one piece, almost like toros. I've seen a ten arm, a ten arm with a showerhead end and a bushing 5 arm(i think it was tc, I'm not sure.)
    Personally, I like my downstems. I've got 4 or 5 different styles of stems and they all have a different type of pull/diffusion/clear or whatnot. I don't have anything against fixed stems though, I'm gonna grab a fixed 4 soon(at least 4, maybe a 7 or whatever toro makes.)

Does anyone know if toro's making single chamber tubes with the new treeless design?
    They're gonna get me sooner or later, let's just hope it's later. -GG Allin

Quote Originally Posted by toalex89 View Post
    haha you mean sheldon black man? if yes they've been out for awhile
    Oh no way, that's the new team eh?

Good to know, thanks!

downstems are a thing of the past and pretty much obsolete in today's (highend) glass game.

I personally LOVE my inline tube. It is my DD. Stone Glass Works gridded inline > all the other single chamber inlines out.

I am holding out to get a double chamber inline when Preston gets a lathe. It is just a matter of time. I must admit I have almost given in and purchased a LW inline/10, though.
    Last edited by ScarletFireGlass; 01-21-2010 at 02:18 PM.