Thread: unknown sprouts at 10 days old. What cha guys think for starters?

Question unknown sprouts at 10 days old. What cha guys think for starters?

Ive been keeping them under 20/4 hour light cycles for the time being, I am using roughly around 240 watts of wide spectrum plant/aquarium florescent bulbs. I have been keeping the watering at the beginning of the light cycles and they seem to be happy.

Here are a few pics to share with everyone.

Oops got kitty hair in the pic, each new leaf is more covered then the last!

Interesting looking stems, first time I've gotten a redish color.

Any advice or more info on light cycles would be appreciated in advance

those look real healthy =)
    Glass by: Toro. that is all.

What type of seeds did you use?
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

red stems could be a K problem or it cna be genetic. I've had romulan and the stems always went red. And what kinda weed is this stuff from?
    "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Matthew

Did you hear about the rose that grew
    from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it
    learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,
    it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared. - Tupac Shakur

unfortunately Im not able to buy seeds, so I take what friends give me to plant, some are good looking, some not so, but its a game of hit and miss for the time being. out of the 10 im down to 1, its limping along now at the one month mark a few days ago. I added one 100 watt what seems to be a reptile light that has a glass pack in side, some kind of metal halide bulb that doesnt need more then a 120v socket and cable.

I have 12 more germinating we will see what those end up being, as for pictures I will probably make a new posting in the next few days, my single plant is growing, but doing funny things.. most all of the leaves on the plant I have now are curling not from the sides, but from the stem all the way to the tips where they almost curl under.. i can only guess that its from only useing florescent lights, now that I have more light in the area it might help..

thats about all for now.. I will bring pics in the next few days!

I think you are experiencing 2 problems. Lack of and improper type lighting, and overfeeding.

I think you will find that "one 100 watt what seems to be a reptile light " is definatley not the best light to be growing with. Plant and aquarium bulbs are available for both T-5 and T-8 type florecent fixtures, and there are several types of Compact Florecent bulbs designed for growing plants that give the correct spectrums (get 1 for veg, and 1 for flower). Personally I believe that HID lighting (MH and/or HPS) gives the best canopy penetration and results. In my local grow store last week I saw a 150W HPS ballast, bulb, and hood set for about $150..... and those are the 'cheap' lighting solutions. Personally I wasn't happy with the results I got untill I started using the 400W HID sets, and then I started getting the decent nugs I was after. Now I rock the 1000W lamps and you cannot beat the solid fully developed big chunky buds they produce. Big light = big buds.

Leaf curl on seedlings is often a sign of too much food. The outside (or the inside) of the leaf surface starts to develop much faster than the rest of the same leaf, resulting in the curl. A seed has enough nutes in it for its first 2-3 weeks or so of life, and then should be fed sparingly at first, and then work up to full strength feedings over time.

The basic building blocks for a succsessful grow are: Light, food, water, warm ambient temprature and a supply of fresh air (or CO2). If you skimp on any one of these, the plants cannot utilize the others fully, skimp on a couple and you will have spotty results at best and a complete failure at worst.

Hope this proves helpfull to you and others.
    YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo