Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Potential virus being spread!! -DON'T OPEN PM-

Not sure if it's related but there was a new member "AdministrationTeam" or something like that who joined a day or two ago but they don't show up on the members list. I only ask cause of the "team" ending. Is it actually an admin?
    They're gonna get me sooner or later, let's just hope it's later. -GG Allin

Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    damn i opened it but i have a mac...i hope that doesnt screw my computer up damn those spammers!!!
    You'll be fine as long as you didn't click any pop up messages upon opening the PM, on a mac.

How was a popup embedded in a PM in the first place? As far as I know that is the point of bbcode. Plain HTML should never be allowed ( not even sure if possible ) in a PM or message post. A popup would require some sort of script (probably java, vbscript, activex etc... ) in order to function, but should not be possible to embed.

Anyhow, all users who are using firefox should download the plugin called NoScript. This will require YOU to specify sites which you trust. This plugin would have told which domain the script was hosted on and disallowed it to run by default.

Be safe all!

Thanks for the heads up! (Too bad I didn't see it before my PM's popped up!)
    I also got a PM from the Best...Team guy, it gave me a 'read receipt' message, and since it looked like it was from admin I clicked it! Ahh!! Please no virus!!
    Hoping this won't be my second virus in a month! Stupid PCs!
    Mac's rule!
    Last edited by Natty Puffington; 02-12-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Did a scan, I'm good. Pheeeew!

"You never really understand a person,
    until you consider things from his point of view.
    Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it
    ."

-Atticus Finch;
    Harper Lee's - To Kill A Mockingbird

Wink

good thing I run Linux!

Who does that anyway?
    I mean, what kind of jerk do you have to be to send viruses to people by PM?
    ...I guess someone with a LOT of free time and no herb.

what a dink!

"You never really understand a person,
    until you consider things from his point of view.
    Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it
    ."

-Atticus Finch;
    Harper Lee's - To Kill A Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Puffington View Post
    it gave me a 'read receipt' message, and since it looked like it was from admin I clicked it! Ahh!! Please no virus!!
    If you have noticed anything out of the ordinary specifically speeds altering between programs, scan your computer for multiple things such as malware spyware trojans etc... I would normally suggest formatting prior to this point but seeing as you're on a Mac, you're probably in the green, if you know what i mean,

I would keep rhyming but what the hell.

I just got the same thing in my notifications and said it was from administrators saying I have a complaint. What's up with this?
    I really do not know what I enjoy most.....the weed or the glass I smoke the weed out of. I think that's a cross addiction. LoL

I just got the same from Admin/Moderator. Come on FMB whats going on.

Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP, 01:49 PM Admin&Moderator
    Last edited by DaNK; 02-13-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Haha i thought i was bein too rowdy again : P