Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CO2 extraction - Fact or Fiction?

I never said that people have been making iso and butane hash oil for years. I said that the term HASH has already been defined long ago and a new book that has a new definition for it is not the best resource. Stupid stoners?.... YOur on a full melt site and ur avatar is bubble but you call someone a stupid stoner lol.

The term "hash" tho has been used for hundreds of years as a cannabis extract weather it be iso hash, butane hash, dry sift hash (pressed or unpressed), ice water extract hash, etc

Your words genius. What you wrote looks pretty clear to me but back pedal while ya can. Dude if you don't think R.C.Clarke would be a good source for a hash term, well nuff said man. Peace GS
    Last edited by Green Supreme; 09-17-2010 at 03:50 AM.
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I was refering to iso and butane as present day methods... iso, butane ,Dry sift, ice water, and other solvents (etc......)<----- were just a few example of hash making processes and yes SOME of them have been used for decades. Obviously a retard can tell, i am just trying to say hash = cannabis concentrate. No need to play jedi mind tricks to get your way

No, what you stated was : hash = THC extract , and that an means the same as any.

Oh wait, let him backpedal you say?

Okey and the Dokey, Smokey.
    YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote from Robert Connell Clarke's book "HASHISH!" as found in glossary on page. 372 of newest edition:
    "A psychoactive substance consisting of the resin heads of glandular trichomes shaken or rubbed from mature female Cannabis floral clusters, pressed together, and shaped."

Seems to me that this isn't the best definition Green S. because this wouldn't include water extracted hash if it is only "hash" when it has been "shaken" or "rubbed" from the plant matter.

I believe ice shakes and rubs. Peace GS

ps. note it doesn't say dry or wet
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I concur. The action of the ice and water rub or break off the brittle trichome heads. Whether wet or dry, it is still a mechanical action seperating the heads from the glandular trichomes, as opposed to a chemical action like dissolution in a solvent.

my 2 bits
    YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Nicely put. Definition is appropriate. solvent extracted "oil" is not Hash, water extracted resins are.

Default fact or fiction

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzdog View Post
    Yeah Co2 extraction........ Maybe you heard of the technique, seen it done, or know of a tutorial.

Is it all talk?

Or is it some guarded tribal family technique handed down through the ages to those only who were worthy........

Brothers of the glandular trichomes, help me in my quest to gather any and all info, or knowledge of this type of extraction.
    no this wasnt handed down, i created it from combining a couple of different knowledges and applying them. get a high pressure vessel, i use an oxygen cylinder rated at 2,100 psi, a guage that reads 4,000 psi, and a regulator valve. you need solid carbon dioxide crushed to fit the 3/8th inch hole at the top of vessel, fill it to near the top but dont pack it down w a tamp or anything, then use weed ground to a powder or as close to it as u can, my system uses 14 grams most effectively, then i use ethanol as a co-solvent to preserve the taste @ 2-20%. bacarrdi 151 is suitable. i then thread on the regulator and make sure there isnt any leaks. i wait about 8 hrs for a thorough extract in a subcritical mode, but if i go supercritical it can be done in about 10 mins at 104'f is ideal 1,500 psi should do just fine. release the valve and it will come out as a snow different from the parent co2. once the dry ice has evaporated and the ethanol is gone as well, what is left is pure extract. i should post a youtube video soon, so look for it in the next week or two as i will be the first to give a demonstration/tutorial on the subject. simple strait forward deseign, easy procedure could be done by lamens w ease.

i told you how i extract w co2, but i dont see it posted, i hope you got the instuctions.