Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CO2 extraction - Fact or Fiction?

Any product that has had any solvent used on it for the extraction is OIL, not hash.

Hash oil is only made by using a solvent on hash to make oil, oil made from herb is just oil.

Hash is collecting trichs in one of several ways without using solvent.

'Dry ice' or solid CO2 has been used instead of ice in the bubblebag method, search the forums for the thread. Using CO2 as a supercritical solvent (in a liquid state) requires that it be under pressure (3000psi I think), and you aint doin that in a bucket with bags in it.

I would hazard a guess that 99.5% of 'CO2 extracted' resins for sale are actually made with butane and/or iso and relabeled to skirt laws or make people feel less nervous about possible contaminants in the final product.

As for a CO2 method becomming common, I totaly agree with GS: "maybe someday, but not Monday".

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Default Gold Dust

Here in Nor cal we call co2 extracted oil Gold dust oil. I'm sure the idea was mimicked from the micro brewing industry as super critical fluid extractions have long been done on hops as i've been told.

The final product Gold Dust would liquify at room temperature, and was around 70% pure.

If this be yer quest maitee, go read Cannabis Alchemy and learn a much better way to soar past 70% pure.

I have.....Still prefer Ice Hash, Bout to run a batch........

the oil I had recently from some nor cal kids was exactly that

i like it alot was nice stuff

hashish |ˈhaˌ sh ē sh |
    noun:
    an extract of the cannabis plant, containing concentrations of the psychoactive resins.

Maybe around here yall dont wanna classify oils as "hash" next to your precious bubble HEHE, but it IS in fact a type of hash/"hashish" :-/ .... Hashish is a thc cannabis extract no matter how you do it am i right? Just trying to clear this up because i remember being banned from a chat (not fmb chat) becuase of calling my oil hash.

I'd gladly agree with whatever definition is in the glossary of R.C.Clarke's new Hashish book. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

HerbalToker Guest

i would have to agree that a THC Extract of any kind is hash... if it had to COME from hash to BE hash.. Bubble Hash would be called.... Bubble Weed..or weed bubble.. lol, Just my two sense.

PEACE

Recently came across a closed loop CO2 setup online, for only $10K USD used, from a lab equipment supplier, (probably monitored). And the whole setup only took up most of a medium sized room...... its still not Monday.

Basack,
    BTW, your own supplied definition says 'an' extract of the cannabis plant.... not 'any'. As well as 'containing concentrations' without reference to what else it contains, and that is what hash is. A collection of stuff. Also, there is THC in hash, but hash is not an extract of THC. Hash contains many psyhcoactive compounds along with THC (CBD & CBN among several others) as well as pistilate hairs, wax membranes, plant material, dirt, etc, and that is assuming pure hash. It could also contain added waxes, binders, various fillers (like sawdust, sand, animal dung), even the skin of the man's hands that rubbed it into hash... so as you can see in no way is it a pure THC extraction.

Hash is collected, Oil is refined. Hash Oil is cannabis material that is
    first collected, and then refined. But hey, if you want to perpetuate the
    image of the uneducated stoner too lazy to care cuz its 'good enuff'... then by all means keep calling solvent extracted and refined canabis products hash if you like, but its not. Period.

YBG
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 09-16-2010 at 06:47 AM.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Sounds like your just telling yourself what you want to hear... "an extract of the cannabis plant" does not refer to only 1 type of extract.... But to ANYTHING that is an extract of the cannabis plant. Also, when making oils or bubble, we ARE doing a THC extraction. We are trying to extract the Thc.

Just because we cannot make it 100% pure yet, does not mean that we are shooting for anything else but the THC. Like you said, its not a PURE thc extraction. Hash is collectedd, and oil is refined - doesnt make any sense to me... When running buds with tane or ice water your doing 2 different methods of trichome extraction.

Collecting buds has nothing to do with it. It just seems as if your looking down on anyhting besides bubble. The term "hash" tho has been used for hundreds of years as a cannabis extract weather it be iso hash, butane hash, dry sift hash (pressed or unpressed), ice water extract hash, etc.How come you can call bubble "hash" then if you use buds and not "hash" to make it... Serious conversation. No need to tell me im uneducated for wanting to discuss

LOL thats funny oil and 100's of years. Wonder if they been makin iso and butane for 100's of years, huh and back to stupid stoners lol. What no description from the Hashish book? Damn gotta get that book. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

iono...ive noticed that alot of the concentrates around the city all appear to be the same but when i ask the bud tender, they either say nitrogen or co2.... just seems like the vendors say that to make it seem more complicated and pricey, as people are figuring out that BHO isnt worth the money theyre selling it for.

if youre making your own co2 extraction then me hats go off to you, but i still dont trust that shit in the clubs

and the word "hash oil" sounds cool, so i dont really get the point in arguing against it, i dont buy it, smoke barely any of it, and certainly would never pick it over some melt so i don really care what other people are calling their shit