Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help saving my diffuser

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHighGrade View Post
    a friend of mine and I were restoring an old barn from the 1800s. There were a few light sockets that were extremely primitive. We couldn't find the breaker anywhere, we looked all day, i didn't know anything about electricity so I wasn't sure if they even had them originally or what... One of the few lights in the barn had a broken bulb. Like the metal part of the bulb was still in the socket and there were some sharp shards of glass sticking out. Every time i tried to unscrew it it gave me a mean shock. My friend told me he would give me $100 to get it down. So i tried relentlessly. Eventually, we called it a day. I told my father the story, and he's oldschool, like WW 1 old school and he told me the potato trick. I cut it in half boiled it for about 10 minutes till it was soft but not mash potatoes. Went to work with it wrapped in foil still warm and basically just smashed it up over the whole fixture and with one twist it came out. I thought i was god for 5 minutes until my friend informed me that he knew where the circuit box was the whole time and he just enjoyed watching me shock myself over and over for $100. He still brings it up. If anyone says anything about $100, he's like. "you know the best hundred i ever spent?"
    This should be a visa commercial.

Potato $1.00.
    Lost Bet$100.00.

Watching your friend getting shocked for sport...Priceless.
    WAG MORE BARK LESS

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5204

shud help u out,

i used a butane torch, a small one, like a tiger,

i just heated up the joints where the water is till it bubbles out,

pull!