Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intristing grow..

Thumbs up intristing grow..

ok, I have had some plants growing for about a month and a half. I had them on 24/0 for the first month, then put them on 12/12 and I now have a forest in my closet lol.. I'm having a little trouble telling the sex of the plants, Ive had a few ppl tell me conflicting opinions.

I think I need to do a little trimming here soon, not sure where to start tho..
    anyway without delay here are some pics.

Any chance for Ideas on what kind of plants I have? I can see slight differences in a few of the plants I have by the shape of the leaves, but nothing more then that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tyger420; 04-22-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: an extra question

pic 3 is definitely male. everything else...cant really tell

pic #2 is female I am pretty sure, pic #3 is def a male and 4 I cant tell. They look a little yellowish though, maybe they need some more nutes or they might be getting too much and be nute locked? something is funky with the nutes.

Picture number 2 and 3 are males
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

3 is a male I can't tell off that pic of number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyfingers View Post
    pic #2 is female I am pretty sure, pic #3 is def a male and 4 I cant tell. They look a little yellowish though, maybe they need some more nutes or they might be getting too much and be nute locked? something is funky with the nutes.

I had just flushed the water a day or two ago, it was getting alittle murky. they have started to regain there color back.

I will have more pics tomorrow of my grow. alittle more progress.

P.S. Thanks for everyone who has taken the time to drop there opinion.

Cool

Ok, so after getting rid of the male plants, I am down to 5 girls.. and Woo Hoo are they going wild imho. This is my first really successful grow since I found this site!
    I got them out of the Styrofoam floats I started them in and moved to a pot with 50/50 perlite vermiculite mix for my medium. Finished the lid for the tank and have the pots submerged about 3-4 inches under water and the rest above, not sure if I have to or not but I have been pulling them out of the tank and letting them totally drain at least once every other day. Feeding my babys has changed alittle bit from just dropping some plant food into the over flow pump on the tank, they are now getting a diluted mix of Schultz African Violet plant food 8-14-9, directly into the medium, instead of the Schultz 10-15-10.

bout all I can think of too say now.... go smoke as I stare at my plants!

Edit for a question. Anyone else notice how the leafs are growing alittle funky, I have been told it is caused from the nutes being to high.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tyger420; 05-15-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Question?

Might be a lack of oxygen making it to the roots, could be fixed by putting air stones in the nute tanks and attaching them to a fish tank air pump to feed the roots with oxygen. Much like a deep water culture set up. Your light source seems to be a bit far away as well making them leggy. Good luck!

Just a cupple of pics to keep everyone updated, not bad for bagseed imho, next time I will have to get some "real" seeds.

I now have them finishing up outside, I have constructed a mini green house that seems to be working out pretty well, I will have some new pics of the girls later today or tomorrow.