Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When to switch to bloom fert. in soil?

Default When to switch to bloom fert. in soil?

I just switched to 12/12 and was wondering when i should give them bloom fert., frist watering or should i wait a week. Thanks

Switch the food, switch the lights, at the same time imo.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

yep, what YBG said, when you flip the lights.
    Respect gets respect.

yup, those guys know!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

It really depends if you want your plants to grow a little more(do you expect more stretch) and if you feel that you have enough nitrogen in your tissues to support healthy growth long enough in your bloom cycle. Then, it depends on the composition of your nutrients. I always found that giving an equal amount of grow and bloom fertilizer at first , then, lowering the ratio gradually in the first 2 to 3 weeks of bloom was the perfect compromise. Many genetics react differently to photoperiod manipulation. Some will prefer a slow decrease in daytime hours, some will prefer a 2 step jump, and some will prefer an immediate darkness boost to play with phytochrome levels.
    Last edited by the disclosure; 05-11-2010 at 06:50 AM.
    Unique among many traditions, Spagyrics, based on the alchemy of the Middle East, uses a delicate and intensive process to purify the consituents, opening the raw material to make it totally accessible for healing, and creating a completely purified natural medicine.
    Nothing is wasted, and only the purified healing components are kept.

Nonsense... we always wait till they are done stretching.... then again it really depends what nutes your using. EJ bloom has NO nitrogen in it.... none at all. If you switch to this day 1 of 12/12 your plants will be completely yellow by week 6

Well, the stretching of the plant continues for a little while when the flowers have already appeared, if you waited that long to introduce higher potassium and phosphorus ratios, you probably waited too long and your plant could have benefited from bloom food much earlier.
    Unique among many traditions, Spagyrics, based on the alchemy of the Middle East, uses a delicate and intensive process to purify the consituents, opening the raw material to make it totally accessible for healing, and creating a completely purified natural medicine.
    Nothing is wasted, and only the purified healing components are kept.

I don't switch to bloom ferts until week 3 of flower(after day 14). The plant is not going to use barely any of the bloom nutes while it is stretching, it is using mostly grow nutirents still (nitrogen). If you switch right at day 1 to bloom ferts you run the risk of a build-up of unused nutrients in the medium by week 5/6 of flowering (especially in a longer flowering sativa variety). It is something you have to dial in yourself really and it also depends on the amounts that you are using. Always start with low dosages of any nutrient line and build up from there. Of course other factors weigh in as well, like what is in your soil mix already.

Ditto YBG

10 char
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

most nutrients have transition ratios listed in their feeding schedules.