Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spilled water on kief!

Default Spilled water on kief!

I accidentally dropped about 10 g's of kief into a cup of water that was on the same table. So, I have gotten as much out as possible and spread it out on a dry piece of paper. Anything else I should do? I don't want mold.

THANKS!
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

If you're worried about mold you could cover the kief and then give the room a heavy spraying with Lysol. Works for sterilizing an area when innoculating mushrooms.

I think that f you just let it dry, it should be fine as long as you spread it out when it happened. . . .
    Respect gets respect.

least it wasnt koolaid

Not gonna lie, it was blueberry juice. I just wanted to get past the answers of, "Toss it out." etc.

But yea, I have it on a piece of paper in a box(so it doesn't get blown away and stays cold) drying. Hopefully it will turn out alright.
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

Damn, blueberry juice, hope it came out tasting all right... couldnt help but laugh at how it went from water to blueberry juice after the koolaid joke heh.

hah hah no doubt

the sugars wont evaporate overtime. Idk bout smokin that.

Quote Originally Posted by Basack View Post
    the sugars wont evaporate overtime. Idk bout smokin that.
    as far as smoking goes, there wouldn't be any more toxins associated with combustion formed from smoking sugar as from smoking any other organic compound, like herb. Because the chemical breakdown of sugar goes like:
    C12H22O11solid + O2gas --- heat ---> CO2 + H2O

So it wouldn't really be anything too much of a dealbreaker as far as that goes, but as far as anything else in the juice, I dunno how all that would burn.
    Glass by: SG Sovereignty, Toro, US Tubes, Headpeace Glassworks (trikky), SSFG, SSFG/Pilgrim, Luke Wilson

Well actually it depends at the level of combustion. Complete combustion of pure sugars (sucrose/glucose) will completly burn into gases such as water vapor and carbon dioxide. On the other hand, burning sugar at lower temperatures such as a lighter, will cause reactions that could form toxic fumes. Such as carbon (coal/graphite). I said "idk about smokin that". and i still go with that. Why smoke sugar lol.

edit: and like you said, idk about the rest of the juice.
    Last edited by Basack; 06-28-2010 at 12:06 AM.