Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etsy?

Default Etsy?

Hey so my friend just showed me this site called etsy.com. Its a site for artists to sell anything they made or any homemade items. It has a glass section where they sell glass pipes. I was just wondering if anyone had used it and if its a legit site? Seems to be but i figured i would ask you all first.

Not a bad site at all, careful because there are some shady artist there and you may not get what you expected. Some is lower quality then they say and will have imperfections hidden with specifically taken photos. There are a lot of reputable artist as well, I am not sure if he is still there but badbackglass used to put up like a piece or two a week. Ironlung is good to, well some of it. Just always throughly read the add and always take a very good look at the product before you send some money.
    "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Thanks i thought most of the stuff was made from lower quality glass. My friend just found it and wanted to grab some $200 double bub that i thought looked like it was crapily made (no reinforments anywhere) and just wanted to get some opinions.

There's all different quality of stuff on etsy. From people selling mass bought crappy prodo, to legit glassblowers looking for a place to shill their wares from. I've bought a handfull of glass from various artists on etsy, and most of it has been great quality. Just be careful as always when buying glass online.
    Glass by: SG Sovereignty, Toro, US Tubes, Headpeace Glassworks (trikky), SSFG, SSFG/Pilgrim, Luke Wilson

i got a piece done by crondo619
    just as clean and heady as a 450$ hedman showerhead a/c , for half the price so if youre looking for a worked something id definately recomend

but
    if youre looking for clear gong stuff (dstems and what not) the Soul Shine Family Glass are well respected and pretty low on cost

Or just call a nigga up! LOL..Ya buddy!

Once I get some things taken care of I will be calling you Sheep...gonna want a custom bubbler. I haven't exactly settled on what color scheme or what type of bubbler it will be but you are in my phone bro.
    "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Soulshine family glass has some nice pieces. They do custom worked pieces, inlines, really good work. Nice prices too.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoulShineFamilyGlass

Yea def hit up Sheepdawg. I have an idea for what i want next from sheep but wont have the money till the end of summer. His work is sick if you don't know him.

Of course this has been said before; Etsy has a lot of really good people who are honest about what they do and you can get great handmade stuff from. But as we all know there are people who exist in this world who are not honest and will try to scam you. Thankfully Etsy has a pretty good system worked out for feedback, user rating and commenting on the sellers and buyers. So i would say trust what other people have said about the seller. But if you feel uncomfortable with ordering from someone then don't do it.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.