Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about glass skillet

Default question about glass skillet

hey everyone i ordered a glass skillet with a glass pad instead of a titanium pad the other day to smoke my bubble with and was just wondering what everyones feelings were on titanium vs glass pads. i had heard someone trying to say the skillets with the glass pads break under a lot of heat or something but i cant see how that would work really. just wondering if anyone in here has any insight into it. thanks a lot guys.

this is the product i ordered http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/c...gle-14-mm.html
    Last edited by ride13tolive; 07-20-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: extra info
    toro/hops/tct/roor/roor.de/illadelph

Best for smoking bubble would be a concentrate bowl. You see in the pic the holes are up around the rim ? Then use a hot glass rod to melt the good stuph down for a great vapor/smoke hit . Nothin like it
    Nam myoho renge kyo

I disagree I have one of those as well and the holes constantly clog with resin, also I feel as if smashing down my bubble like that isn't the most flattering way to smoke it. I wasn't really asking about hot hits, just wanted opinions on titanium vs. Glass for a skillet. Thanks anyway bro

err sorry too side track for a sec, but i like bubble ontop of a screen over anything--
    that bein said

i think the glass ones are just more of a hassle to keep clean/safe and what not. but other than that iono why anyone would want their bubble touching metal. i hear quartz is the best. never hit one though

thanks salad, yeah everyone seems to like the bubble on a screen but i just like to hit things off pure glass on glass for taste and purity.

You need ultra pure and contaminant free concentrates for the hot hit bowls, glass or quartz nails, titanium pads, and the like. Otherwise the physical bulk of the hash dirtys up the appliances at best, and at worst the hash does not vaporize completely. Not many people are able to produce hash that pure, tho it can be done. I have myself a few times produced some ultra fmcd that worked pretty well on my TI skillet set, but still dirtied it up after some usage.

For these reasons most find that on top of a screen is the best solution (convienient and efficient) for pure hash. If you want to try to avoid the taste of the screens, you could try; a hakko or phedor with a hot hit bowl, but again they get dirty fast; old school metal hot knife hits, or get a glass hot knife set, or TI hot knife set (I dunno if they exist or not); also titanium screens are available, which dont taste in the same way as stainless steel screens; we used to roll conical tubes, put a pin thru, light the bottom on fire to get it goin and have big bottle tokes; harder to do is dropping lil hits onto a burning shisha charcoal and hooting them off.

I'm sure there are a lot of alternative methods for smoking hash that I have left out or plain dont know about, but there are a few to get you started. Hope it helps.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Default question about glass skillet

I hope my question is within the topic of this group.Could anyone tell me if glass tubing can be fused to stainless steeltubing with a hermetic seal?If so, are there special techniques/methods that need to be followed?Would a scientific glass blower be able to do this.Any advise appreciated.Steven

Try electroforming. The metal attaches to the glass. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I realize your question was about skillets, so this is a bit off-topic, but I thought I'd share that I enjoy these little glass screens for taste.... I just can't get around the metal flavor of using a metal screen - it works a lot better for my full melt, but I keep going back to these little glass screens for flavor. You can't smoke pure full melt, because it drips right thru, but if you add a little bud layer the pure flavor is just worth it to me (without the option of a skillet, nail, etc...) My preference only....

http://store.superpiece.com/servlet/...aisy%29/Detail

I use one of those with a thick layer of ash, I make from a clean burning joint above it. You can smoke the meltiest in this way. The ash has to be slightly packed or it will suck past the glass screen. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.