Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1st attempt with lots of trim.

HerbalToker Guest

Thanks YBG, thats why i said iused the mixer for about 1 minute to 30 seconds and stopped figuring this cant be right. I will make sure to stay away from it. Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    Looks good, not so much sticking. Glad that my technique worked for ya.

That device you are mixing with is a hand blender, which is a slightly different machine than a cake mixer. Cake mixers are the squareish units with the 2 egg beaters underneath. Cost about 15-20 $ I have used both mixers. The blender pulverizes/powders the greenery a bit more. Particulate is the enemy of fmcd.

I hope you can find your way to a bubblenow machine at some point, because the quality of the hash and the ease of making it go up a whole nother notch. Your hash already looks great, shifting up to the best mixing method will only improve it.

YBG

Arrow Dabbing Screen

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    IMO, I maintain that the 'pressing screen' has been mis-named.... if you fold it over on top of the hash, and press down or dab it at all, you are pressing the wet hash, and rupturing some heads. This makes it real sticky and hard to chop up on the cardboard.

I think it should be renamed the dabbing screen... try this:

Place the dabbing screen on top of several layers of paper towel. Scoop your wet hash out of the bags, and just plop it on top of the dabbing screen. Rinse the spoon in the next bag. Repeat for each bag. Enough water will wick out of the hash into the paper towel thru the screen, without rupturing any heads. The hash is then the consistency of wet sand, and you can more easily feather it apart rather than chop it up, and less sticks to the cardboard and knife. The wet sandy blobs are easier to put thru a sieve screen as well if you are going that way.

Just my personal technique, if it works for you, great. If you happen to come up with something better, please post it

YBG
    Great read.

Iam going totry what you describe- letting the wet hash just sit on the pressing screen (I like dabbing screen as well) and not even gently press it....we'll see. Thanks for sharing your experience/knowledge here. Big up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psuper View Post
    Great read.

Iam going totry what you describe- letting the wet hash just sit on the pressing screen (I like dabbing screen as well) and not even gently press it....we'll see. Thanks for sharing your experience/knowledge here. Big up.
    Thats exactly what I do, just let it sit on the "pressing" screen for a few minutes until it looks pretty dry. I touch my wet hash the least amount possible
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com