Thread: Increasing hours of lights in bloom ?

Default Increasing hours of lights in bloom ?

A bud of mine swears by having his lady sin 12 hours for the first 21 days then increases the lights to 16 . Says it speads things up by about 6-10 days .
    While I'm on page for faster finishes , I'm old so I tend to believe that the best things are worth waiting for .
    Any thoughts or experince with this method ?
    Much love ~~

Im not exactly sure what yuour saying. But this could mess with the plants cycle and shock them. id say 18/6 for veg. 12/12 for flowering. Cant go wrong.

I do know that when I do 12 / 12 for my light dep then stop pulling the tarp and they finish the last 4 weeks on 14 / 10 the buds get fatter and more resinous.

Everyone has their own ways to do it, and some work well and some don't work as nicely. My personal opinion on this matter would be that I like to give my girls exactly what they want; I give them 24 hours of light for veg and then shock them into flowering by 36 hours of darkness, so this will give them a jump start (as for the natural longer way I slowly step down an hour each day or so until i reach 12/12). Then for flowering I just do 12/12 and run the lights at night for a lower electric bill.

Although I did read something interesting in this thread, I would like to try for the last four weeks switching them to 14/10. ~ Thanks Kiefcake ~

I am interested to see what the other growers here have to say because they have so much more knowledge and experience with this.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

i do know for sure that when we do our outdoor up here we start 12/12 for two weeks inside them throw em outdoor where the light cycle shifts from 16/8 to 12/12 by the end of summer and it seems to work great.

I agree with kiefcake about lighting timing ....
    Last edited by Jan harvey; 10-24-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.