Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: everything below 160 fullmelt

clarification. i am washing full quarter elbow, seven times. just add ice every 6 minutes.
    please read instructions closely. every little step increases yield.
    thanks
    Last edited by mcbitsko; 08-07-2010 at 05:42 AM.

yukon the thing with swirling stream off of insert and not aiming stream directly thru screening is important. just as important as 1gallon wash after each run!thanks
    Last edited by mcbitsko; 08-07-2010 at 05:57 AM.

I think you misunderstand me. Why the insert at all? The side wall of the bags aren't made of screen, and should work just as well for your swirling off the edge technique.

I am amazed that you have 7 washes and no greenery, even in the final wash. The hash speaks for itself. Was that fresh frozen or dry frozen material? Whole or broken up? Your washer looks like a different model than mine as well.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    I think you misunderstand me. Why the insert at all? The side wall of the bags aren't made of screen, and should work just as well for your swirling off the edge technique.

I am amazed that you have 7 washes and no greenery, even in the final wash. The hash speaks for itself. Was that fresh frozen or dry frozen material? Whole or broken up? Your washer looks like a different model than mine as well.
    insert aids in keeping stream swirling around and not splashing. more easy to get flow rolling across screen.a vid clip would be worth a million words here. its hard to explain. like trying to explain being gentil.
    to see the stream swirl around the perimeter and corkscrew down and flow across screening before soaking thru.
    the hoaky foto of me with hose in eye of fishingpole guiding stream and freeing up hands while working the 25ubag...man the more i write the more it must confuse.
    you just got to try it. ha ha.
    the proof is in the pudding. get the microscope out and compare products
    from shooting stream strait thru screening. and doing it this way.
    i found that strait thru or and just filling up bucket and pulling bag out
    must be more rougher on trichomes. because of more clumps of broken resin glands.
    you can eyeball it and see the different with a 500x microscope.

being gentil and not taking sample smoke breaks helps to keep the green out.
    the longer the pot is sitting wet the more water soluble green chloryphyl
    is leached out. when i get a cookin the goal is to have patty out of the 25u bag within the 6minutes wash per run. i usualy can achieve that 4 out of seven runs.

an update ive put in practice since these fotos. is collecting all seven runs
    thru the 160u into a 35gallon barrel. then use a $29 pond water pump
    to pump controlled stream into the 25u bucket. 5gallon at a time. unless you want an unruley patty three quarters the size of bag.
    i find i cut the time of the pot sitting there soaking by half an hour.
    brighter kif!!!
    i did 3oz of an unspecifyed indica this way for a dispensary customer and got an almost white gold kif. ive seen similar fotos here on this site.
    amazingly the high off of this fullmelt was nothing to write home about.

your question was this trainwreck fresh frozen. no.
    history:
    trainwreck grown outdoors/greenhouse by seed company. crop harvested last autumn. i recieved it in january and broked it down into gallon ziplocks
    and placed in upright freezer till i got around to it in june.
    this stuff was not manicure trimmings. it was approx30% innerbuds well into late floral stage. purple from cold. trichomes where real amber with some starting to go red. you guys that grow indoors maynot of seen this.
    or even wanted to let it go that far indoors even if you could.
    other 70% small surrounding leaves and small dwarfed airy leafy buds. the kind of stuff growers use to toss out the window on a country road to get rid of.
    NOT ANY MORE!

i don't work buds unless customer maticulously breaks down each cola
    into smaller colitas then breaks them down into tiny colatitas. starting at the bottom of the cola. no shake or ground up pot.

Brother, we need to smoke some hash together Sun ripened resin is a whole other story. I only get that imported, or by going to visit where it is.

I understand the swirl & be gentle on particulate matter in a fluid... I used be a gold panning instructor, and that is very similar to a european technique for panning that uses a gentle swirling motion in a wide conical pan. The aim there is a lil different, but it still takes a gentle touch on the swirling action. I may have to make myself a couple inserts and try em out for myself.

I am soon to run off a good sized batch of fresh frozen buds myself, as my experiments have all given much better hash that way than from dry. Your results with dry material makes me want to experiment further

Just a lil note.... do you think that the pond pump and the impeller in it are still being as gentle on the trich heads after (or before) so carefully swirling them to prevent damage? I would think that the siphon would be the most gentle way to move the water around. Just a thought.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    Brother, we need to smoke some hash together Sun ripened resin is a whole other story. I only get that imported, or by going to visit where it is.

I understand the swirl & be gentle on particulate matter in a fluid... I used be a gold panning instructor, and that is very similar to a european technique for panning that uses a gentle swirling motion in a wide conical pan. The aim there is a lil different, but it still takes a gentle touch on the swirling action. I may have to make myself a couple inserts and try em out for myself.

I am soon to run off a good sized batch of fresh frozen buds myself, as my experiments have all given much better hash that way than from dry. Your results with dry material makes me want to experiment further

Just a lil note.... do you think that the pond pump and the impeller in it are still being as gentle on the trich heads after (or before) so carefully swirling them to prevent damage? I would think that the siphon would be the most gentle way to move the water around. Just a thought.

YBG
    i keep trying to pm you and it says i havent sent you a pm. ??? ha ha.

first time I ran straight buds through my bags i was really surprised how much i got too. I notice my bubblenow also leaks. I think it is just the condensation dripping through.

looks great even with that camera.