Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crushed ice vs. cubed

you have made some good looking stash weldone brother..keep it up..make more.

looks like you get a lot in terms of quantity, but it looks like it could be better quality. what kind of ice do you use? and I heard stirring by hand means you usually get less chlorophyll, or green-ness........that is a shit ton of hash you have there though, how much trim did you use?

Everyone agrees freezer ice cubes from ice trays is the best kind of ice to use?

Don't think it's gonna make a difference if it's from an ice tray or bought in a bag from the super market, but cubes is definitely the way to go. Material is obviously the key factor in creating that melty goodness. And if your really lookin for quality FULL MELT definitely wouldn't mix the different grades together.

Store bought ice is definitely hollow and melts faster than solid freezer cubes. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Looks like I need to clear out some room in the freezer and get some ice trays for next time!

Am I correct in thinking hand mixing not too rough with a spoon for about 5 minutes for the first run is the best way to do it?

What about the ice to trim to water ratios, whats the ideal combination?

Thanks everyone! This forum rules!

HerbalToker Guest

For my first runs i have done 3 minutes usually, as the bubblenow's first setting is 3 minutes. Ideally, Water halfway or a bit higher in the bucket, and then fill with ice untill youv covered ALL the water. Ice is your friend when making bubble. And keeping your ice from melting, and adding ice Throughout is always a good idea too, as it always melts.

Im still a beginner hash maker myself, dont mean to be giving advice like a pro. but this is stuff iv just learned through what experience i have, and all the tips iv gotten from the awsome members here at FMB while doin it.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by HerbalToker View Post
    For my first runs i have done 3 minutes usually, as the bubblenow's first setting is 3 minutes. Ideally, Water halfway or a bit higher in the bucket, and then fill with ice untill youv covered ALL the water. Ice is your friend when making bubble. And keeping your ice from melting, and adding ice Throughout is always a good idea too, as it always melts.

Im still a beginner hash maker myself, dont mean to be giving advice like a pro. but this is stuff iv just learned through what experience i have, and all the tips iv gotten from the awsome members here at FMB while doin it.

Peace
    You sound like you know more than the average bear
    That sounds like a great idea, thanks man! Do you put a layer of ice, then trim, then ice, then trim, alternating like that and just let that sit till it gets really cold before you add the water or just add it all at once and immediately start stirring before it gets really cold?
    Also, do y'all let the mix sit in the bags after stirring it for any length of time before starting to pull the bags? I heard it lets the trichomes settle to the bottom, true?
    This forum being so awesome makes me sad I didnt buy bubblebag brand bags
    I'm sorry Bubbleman, I will at least buy a few individual bags from you to make up for it!
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

HerbalToker Guest

Again to my knowledge the best way to go about it, is Fill your water full, and then Add your ice after so the pouring of the water doesnt melt your ice. This is when Iv been told you may want to alternate, Put some ice some trim some ice some trim. Not too many layers.
    Putting the water in First helps to, again, not melt the ice. Because pouring Even cold water over ice will melt it somewhat.

About the Settling, i have encountered Mixed opinions on the topic. Some believe pulling right away does the same job, with the mindset that if the bags are doing theyr job to filter, they will get the trichomes regardless. But from reading bubblemans threads, i would suggest allowing for settleing time. It allows the resins still mixed in with the ice and the plant matter to settle into the bags. So you can see how there would be mixed opinions. because "the First heads to drop should be the nicest" so is allowingit to settle allowing those "not so nice" trichs into your melt? lol Who knows right.

i like this thread - http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24

Anyways, again i appologize if i seem like im trying to make myself out to be some Expert hash maker. like i said i am a beginner, just have done alot of research, and question asking. Liek you are

Peace

So you start stirring immediately after adding all of the ice, trim, and water together?
    Do you stir in the bucket with all the bags in it or in a seperate bucket and then pour it into the bucket with the bags?
    Shouldnt you let the mixture sit until it gets cold enough before you start stirring?
    Also, do you reuse the first runs water when doing the 2nd run?

Dude, you know your shit if you ask me, thanks a ton for your knowledge!
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

HerbalToker Guest

Yes stir immediately, to avoid soggy plant matter. As told to me by KushKommander, (Happy Birthday kk!) No need to let it sit as far as i know dude. The mixture gets Very cold Very fast. Use Cold water to begin with and your fine. The fresher the ice the better.