Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crushed ice vs. cubed

Just a couple more questions, I promise

Do you reuse the first run's water when doing the 2nd run?

And do you stir the mixture in the bucket with all the bags in it, or stir in a seperate bucket, then pour the mix into the bucket with the bags?

Thanks again man, u rule!
    Last edited by HumboldtSmoka420; 08-10-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

HerbalToker Guest

Yes it is okay to re-use the water for your runs. Bubblenow does after all i believe. youll note drastic water colour change between runs as well.

I would suggest stirring in all of the bags. I have tried a few methods, and halve tried three Mixing/pourig methods. Including Mixing in all the bags, Mixing in just the work bag, and mixing in No bag and pouring like you mentioned. And i would suggest in the end, mixing in all the bags, and allowing for some settletime.

They both WORK.. but i would suggest, like i said before, look at Bubblmans method, and fallow it. He was telling me that when Pouring through the bags, all of the excess pressure of the Moving water, pretty much F*&ks everything up, because it Forces heads through the screens that shouldent be etc.

lol i keep putting my skill level disclaimer because i dont mean to sound like some FMCD master. So i dont mean to sound like a broken record but These are just tips and techniques iv picked up from what experience i have and from all the great members here. Hope they help, they've gotten my some pretty decent results

Peace

This won't harm the bags huh? Just thinking all that stirring and I hit bottom sometimes while stirring and that this may damage the work bags screen?

Oh and I didnt mean pouring through the bags like having a bucket with the bottom cut out, i just ment mixing in a seperate bucket and then pouring it into the bucket with the bags in it to sit a little before pulling the bags u know?

Guess I'll just try to avoid hitting the screen, correct?

So using fresh water wouldn't make it better?

Man, this may be the most informative forum I've seen on hash! And dude, I cant tell you how much I appreciate all your advice! Dude you rule!

HerbalToker Guest

I never said ANYthing about sturring in a bucket with the bottom cut out dude.. i ment using three buckets.. and pouring. lol, bottom cut out of the bucket.

Why would touching the screen be an issue? just try not to go too deep.. Bubblebags are manufactured to the HIghest Quality, the amount of weight that is held in a work bag when draining, apply's 10 times as much force as Mixing ever would. Youv got nothing to worry about. The only thing is some find it Easier to mix in a bucket with no bags, and pour through the other bags. But if you think about it, al the water weight is going to FORCE bigger heads through your bigger micron bags and change the quality of you hash.. because forcing 160 micron heads into your 120 screen, and 120 heads into you 90 screen and on an on.. this is obviously going to effect your quality.

Nah man, I didnt mean to say you said that lol, I knew what you meant I was just trying to say dont do it that way you know?

I was just thinking, but yea you are right about the bag's strength.
    I look forward to applying all your tips with my next run, should be in a couple of days (cant wait!). I'll post pics too!

Do you heat your bubble and press it after it dries? I usually do, but last time it came out so good I didnt worry about pressing it plus it wasnt really enough quantity wise to fool with it, but it still bubbled like crazy! Would it have bubbled more if I would have pressed it?

HerbalToker Guest

Most people here would suggest to NEVER press your bubble, and i suggest the same. Leave it powdered. it smokes Much much nicer. Good hash, will bubble no matter what. Bubbly hash, bubbles. Pressing it, causes it to smoke alot worse, and mashes all of your trichome heads together, that you worked so hard to keep nice n prestine.

Yea but i heard decarboxylation converts THC -A into THC by the removal of the carbon atom thus making the hash more potent, correct?

Bubbleman even made a thread showing how to do it here: http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315

What you think?
    Last edited by HumboldtSmoka420; 08-11-2010 at 11:39 PM.

use a strainer and only use water that has sat in ice for awhile.... this ensures that the water is around the same temp as the ice.... and you wont get so much melt...cubed is way to go

HerbalToker Guest

Without having to look at that link humboldtsmoker, Bubbleman will tell you that pressing hash was made for the purpose of Smuggling and mass distribution. Keep your bubble powdered, when its wet, Run it through a Sieve, or Metail wire strainer, to Powder it, and spread it thinly on Cardboard. This was my last recommendation from Bman last time we chilled at his pad and were puffing the bubble i had made...

Iv never heard anything about your THC-A whatevr lol i dunn how true that is. Someone else might be able to Cover that one. I would call BS. But i could be wrong hehe.

Good luck on your run dude, let us know how it goes, theres always room for improvement. The only and best way to learn.. is to do it. i was told this from bman for a long time. And finally after making hash a few times you can see its true. Experience is really what pays off. So do it. and Good luck. you know enough about the process now to make some killer.

Peace

Read the thread closer.... Bubbleman states that he has not actually pressed bubble hash for years. The thread is more of an 'if you want to' than a 'this is the best way to'.

YBG

Quote Originally Posted by HumboldtSmoka420 View Post
    Yea but i heard decarboxylation converts THC -A into THC by the removal of the carbon atom thus making the hash more potent, correct?

Bubbleman even made a thread showing how to do it here: http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315

What you think?
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo