Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Intake Suggestions for Closet grow.

HerbalToker Guest

Default Air Intake Suggestions for Closet grow.

Hey guys, iv started to put together my closet to get some plants going. I wanted to see what your guys prefered Air Intake method is on a closet style grow. I have seen and looked into a few but am still pretty unclear on what are the best options.

Tomorrow if the stores hours are as i think, i will be doing my Panda work/Moving a few supports and iights scrubber and fan. as much as i can get done.

if anyone has any suggestions or Photos, or links to helpful threads. i appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images

I usually like to have a fan blowing out instead of blowing in. I am no air pressure expert but the way I see it if a fan is blowing out then it is going to force new air to come in. So I usually like to have a fan blowing out with a hole or opening that would allow air to come in. If you have a fan blowing out that is 400cfm then new air will probably be forced into the room at roughly the same rate. if you have another 400 cfm fan blowing air in than you probably won't get much more airflow.

For a closet setup, I'd prefer a passive intake via forced exhaust like bubblecrack suggested. Make sure you make a light trap around your passive intake vent so no light can make it through.

HerbalToker Guest

Okay so This is where i am so far. Iv got it set up so that there is the CanFilter Scrubber, to the Air-cooled Light, Out the side, into the Inline fan, which i will attach to the Ducting going outside.

So yes, i have the exhaust fan running, But as for having Sufficient air INTAKE so that my walls dont like.. Empty out like a balloon when i close the zip and turn on the fan like it does now. because if i were to close the Zipper and leave the fan on, it would start ripping my tent down the force from the fan is so strong.

How do you guys set up your Intake without Light leake? And with Sufficient air movement?

il put better pics up i shot these quickly today when i finished. Duct attachments are still un taped. But it has Great force, and great airseal already. Obviously i will tape. Hopefully the fans CFM arent too big for the small area, is that possible?

And im still waiting on my Ballast.

Thanks for your replies guys. Looking forward to what you guys got in mind.

Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HerbalToker; 08-16-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Now you just gotta get some plants in there! lookin good herbal, congrats on getting yourself a nice lil space going and hope to see some great herb, happy growing and ill keep an eye on your thread

HerbalToker Guest

Juat ordered my Lumatek 600W 120/240 volt Electronic Ballast. After looking through everything, it seemed the way to go. Silent, 120v ready, And 3 year warranty. Excited to see it arrive.

Peace

The general rule of thumb for passive intake is 2-3x bigger than your exhaust. So if your exhausting with a 6" hole. Your going to want 2 or 3 6" holes for air to come in. These should be towards the bottom of the closet if possible, with the exhaust going out the top.

Make them light proof by using black or dark colored materials, painting the inside black, or making a light trap with something and making it curve like an S.

HerbalToker Guest

Amazing, just the kind of answer i was lookin for. Appreciate it Kony.

You can also put a dimmer switch inline to your fan. Turning it down will decrease the revolutions, and suction (keep it adequate to move the heat out still) and also decrease the noise of the fan.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

HerbalToker Guest

YBG that is something i need to get into. Do you have a link?