Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hashish!" 2nd updated version

Default "Hashish!" 2nd updated version

I've been hearing about this book for years...but never got around to reading or buying it.

I noticed for sale on Bubbleman's site and it was delivered to me recently.

This book is definitely a must for any person interested in all things related to hashish,.

http://www.bubblebag.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=154

btw there are several photographs in this book by Bubbleman, including several of the Bubble box, closer ups of Sam Skunkman's dry sift and other macros..
    --------------------------------------------------------------

.................................................. .
    ----------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ................

i noticed that today too. the book is the best i have seen of its kind.

Yes this is a great book for any Hashish Connoiusser.

Aqua Lab Tech

I've read about 25% of the book and Clarke mentions numerous times that less than 50% of the THC is removed from the plant material with dry sifting....

"neither method (hand rubbing or sieving) extracts no more than one half of the total THC contained in the floral clusters"

this has not been my experience at all when it come to grinding down bud for sieving with the intent to remove the max amount of resin glands. After I dry sift material there are less than 5% of the resin glands (visible through a 20X magnifying glass) left on the material and smoking this sieved plant material will not get me high at all, it wouldn't get an ant high, even one with a low tolerance... I've also in the past tried alcohol extractions on sieved material and the returns were tiny, the same with butane extractions..I've also ran fully sieved material through Bubble Bags and the resulting tiny amount of hash was not worth the effort....so based on my experience, I have to say that Clarke is incorrect on this point or I didn't read it correctly??.
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 08-31-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Not bad, 25% done{Gotta be what 100 pages} and that's all you could find to complain about. Let us know how the rest goes. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

and that's all you could find to complain about.

I've scanned through the book and now I'm reading it word for word, on page 83 at the mo...

don't get me wrong, it's a book that every grower must read, and as a hasher, I relish every page, it's 90% dry sifting related, so I am enjoying it even more than most....it's just that I was expecting the writing to be less pedestrian, Clarke is a better researcher than writer.....the cartoonish sidebar sketches are a bit outdated looking in a hippy-ish 70's way and there's no new methods or techniques mentioned. The new color photos are good, but the old black and white pics lack clarity and sharpness and need Photoshopping.

For the next edition Clarke needs to get rid of or greatly improve the old black and whites, and print lots more full and half page color photos. The book could do with a professional edit as it's a bit repetitive at times and would improve with a new cover too.
    Last edited by Kif it Kunta; 09-01-2010 at 01:14 AM.

You did read it correctly, but your method of determining the amount of resin (THC) left in the debris may leave something to desire. I know when me and Clarke did the experimental work we found up-to 50% of the THC still in the debris, but it all depends the variety and the methods used. With easy to sift varieties like Skunk #1 or Sleestak it is easy to get more then 50%, if you have a good technique, and the materials are dry and ready. With some varieties, or not dried and cured materials, the yield is less then 50% of the THC as measured on a GC before and after sifting. With water sifting 90% resin (THC) removal can be done.
    I was shocked also, I also tried the debris and it was shit. But if you water sifted the debris or Butane the debris you did get more resin or oil, what can I say? BTW I do not recommend oil, it was an experiment.
    Maybe you just dry sift forever until all resin has been removed? I don't need to, so I don't.
    -SamS

Quote Originally Posted by Kif it Kunta View Post
    I've read about 25% of the book and Clarke mentions numerous times that less than 50% of the THC is removed from the plant material with dry sifting....

"neither method (hand rubbing or sieving) extracts no more than one half of the total THC contained in the floral clusters"

this has not been my experience at all when it come to grinding down bud for sieving with the intent to remove the max amount of resin glands. After I dry sift material there are less than 5% of the resin glands (visible through a 20X magnifying glass) left on the material and smoking this sieved plant material will not get me high at all, it wouldn't get an ant high, even one with a low tolerance... I've also in the past tried alcohol extractions on sieved material and the returns were tiny, the same with butane extractions..I've also ran fully sieved material through Bubble Bags and the resulting tiny amount of hash was not worth the effort....so based on my experience, I have to say that Clarke is incorrect on this point or I didn't read it correctly??.
    Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 12-16-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Thank you for clarifying Sam

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
    You did read it correctly, but your method of determining the amount of resin (THC) left in the debris may leave something to desire. I know when me and Clarke did the experimental work we found up-to 50% of the THC still in the debris, but it all depends the variety and the methods used. With easy to sift varieties like Skunk #1 or Sleestak it is easy to get more then 50%, if you have a good technique, and the materials are dry and ready. With some varieties, or not dried and cured materials, the yield is less then 50% of the THC as measured on a GC before and after sifting. With water sifting 90% resin (THC) removal can be done.
    I was shocked also, I also tried the debris and it was shit. But if you water sifted the debris or Butane the debris you did get more resin or oil, what can I say? BTW I do not recommend oil, it was an experiment.
    Maybe you just dry sift forever until all resin has been removed? I don't need to, so I don't.
    -SamS
    Thanks for chimin' in Sam. Great stuff.

The Skunkman really knows his stuff, and so does Clarke. I've read Marijuana Botany multiple times, it is probably the most informative book on the subject of it's time, and still today! I do believe I need to get this book as well, especially knowing that Sam Skunkman had a part in it.