Thread: Bubble curious

Default Bubble curious

Hello everyone,
    My name is CuriousBones. I'm a complete newbie to bubble, I haven't even tried it yet. I have been talking to friends and reading all about bubble hash and I am completely enthralled. I've never been a major hash fan. It's always just made me tired, but Mitch, from Incredibowl Industries, convinced me that I wasn't smoking the right stuff. He said bubble hash was the best. The more I read, the more I'm convinced that it's the safest, cleanest, purest option.
    I have 5 plants, all different varieties, growing outdoors right now. Two strains will be ready within the week.
    I decided to get a 1 gallon a bubblebag kit. I figure even if I have a bunch of material I'm better off doing multiple runs to get the hang of the process, and improve my skill.
    There are a few questions I have for anyone who cares to respond:
    1. Where do you find 1 gallon buckets? I tried home depot and the best they have is a 1 gallon empty paint can. I don't feel right about that option - way too much wrong with the whole idea. Can you use some sort stainless steel bucket from a kitchen supply store or should it be plastic?
    2. Should I just use a wooden spoon or get a hand mixer? It would seem to me that a wooden spoon would be much easier in a one gallon bucket than with a 5 or 20 gallon setup. From what I've read around here, the wooden spoon is more effort but better end product.
    3. Have said that, can you use a kitchen aid stand mixer (5.5 quart bowl) to do some of the mixing or is there a problem with using stainless steel?

I'm looking forward to my first run and would appreciate any input.

Peace, love and respect,
    CB
    Last edited by CuriousBones; 09-10-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: more to add and needed to correct my grammar.

1. any gallon container size that the bags will fit into will do great.
    2. wooden spoon.
    3. see number 2.

Welcome to FMB and full melt bubble hash.

Thanks for the help.

CB