Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is An Elite Clone Worth?

Default What Is An Elite Clone Worth?

OK so I got into an argument in a chat a few weeks ago bout how much an elite should cost if one was to buy it. I was telling them about Dr.Clone selling Sweet Skunk cuts. When they found out the price was $60/cut they lost it. I have been in the biz quite a while and do know that commercial cuts are about 5 bucks. That's for the same 'ol same 'ol. Now to me a $60 cut can become an unlimited amount of coin, especially if you find one that is not about locally. I have heard of folks paying 10G's for 1 cut, just to have it. It has always been interesting to me how folks can put a lower price on something they would have no access to otherwise. What do yous think? Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

I remember the days where people were paying LARGE for special cuts... most i heard was 5k i believe... and i think it may have been a Rom cut...

anyway now adays with the internet.. things are changing.. I mean sure if you are the only one that has it.. you get your price.. but now adays the good genetics aren't necesarrily like a tree anymore ( ie in one place only).. now adays things are more like blades of grass... they can pop up anywhere... you can mail these things all over the planet.. and some people are a little more willing to share.
    now with that said.. if i wanted a special cut and had to pay 60 bucks for it.. i wouldnt consider to be such a huge cost.. to aquire genetics that wouldu otherwise be lost to you..

just my two cents..

thanks for starting the discussion GS

peace
    Bubble man

I have never had to pay for an elite cut. For as long as I can remember, it's been a "pay it forward" type of thing.

IMO, that's the way it should be.

Many growers seam to have a false sense of ownership when it comes to the herb they grow.

If it is developed specifically by the person who is naming the price and it is truly an original strain then it would not be outrages to want 60$

But lots of folks need to shed this pride and work together, instead of trying to essentially patent plant life like general electric and Monsanto, and keep a monopoly on genetics.

no clone is worth more than 5 bucks to me.
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

Monsanto huh, sounds like a seed thing. I was just looking at apple cuts at a nursery. Pink Lady Pat $55. Hmm an apple, hey isn't that a legal crop. Peace GS

I totally agree gs and bubs, I had the same arguement with a grower around here a few days ago. I would have no problem paying 60 dollars a clone that is guaranteed to be shipped alive to your door.
    Especially with the strains theyve got Green crack Purple Kush Sweet skunt and jack
    A tree is a tree...

I suppose if one is a complete noob to the grow scene, $60 isn't a bad price. But can one technically call the clone 'elite' if anyone get it?

I say fuck paying for clones and meet a couple good people willing to help you out.

Perhaps we can go your way Lapides and Bubbleman and you can get your good people on the net to send me Joe's Romulan cut. From what's been said here that should be no problem.Thanks all for your thoughts. Peace GS

roflmaoi...
    Originally Posted by esbe:
    We are not criminals, we grow our own shit and dont want to support gangsters and terrorists. We are freedom fighters and nature lovers and our hobby do not hurt one single person.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!