Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Is An Elite Clone Worth?

^^^^^^^^^^^^PUSSY
    Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
    Perhaps we can go your way Lapides and Bubbleman and you can get your good people on the net to send me Joe's Romulan cut. From what's been said here that should be no problem.Thanks all for your thoughts. Peace GS
    What exactly would be my motivation for this? To check on DrClones site in a couple months to see Joe's Rom cuts being sold for $70 a cut? Sorry, I think not.

If your heart is pure and your intentions are true, you will get what you are looking for....unless ya got 70 bux.
    Last edited by Lapides; 09-13-2010 at 06:30 PM.

So just as I guessed you cannot get Joe's cut and your statement about the ease of finding with the net is flawed. For record you will find that I have never sold a cut out of my garden ever. Peeps that know me know that. Have given away hundreds, maybe even over a 1000. Accusation answered. Peace GS

while $15/cut is the norm these days on the west coast, i don't think that $60/cut is THAT outrageous either.

Like Bubbleman said, not everything that was once "elite" can still be considered to be "elite" due to circulation. I'm not really interested in "elites". I'd way rather have something obscure or rare than "elite".

Good discussion. Thanks for your opinions folks.

OK numbers and hoarding type issues are clouding the topic. Let us put it this way. Sweet Skunk is an elite cut. Earned it, full on flavor and smell, yield is amazing and the buzz very memorable. Say we give this cut to every grower out there and she is dime a dozen now. Does she lose her status as an elite. I mean the only variable that has changed is her commonality. I think not, maybe yous can argue to the alternative.

Reminds me of the glass market. Something is worth as much as one will pay for it. I've seen seed auctions for 12 seeds go at over $1500.

This ties in with strain hoarding- and why people do it. I think the price of a cut comes down to supply vs demand, marketing aka "tooting of ones horn" and of course the potential of the cuts commercial properties.

GS- i believe you are blurring the lines in verbage with the word 'elite' being used in place of the word 'limited'. Under the scenario you describe she would still be elite, just no longer limited. If i could buy a cut for $60 and then in a month be able to have 100s of my own, the price of cuts would rapidly decrease, followed shortly thereafter by the price of the flowers. Think of blue dream in california. I would consider it elite based on many of its qualities however the prices in the california medical scene reflect the availability of it. I think it's hard to not have hoarding in as part of the topic.

Well Sweet Skunk cuts can be bought, as we state in this thread, and have been since at least the beginning of this year. I only ever see it from 4 growers and the scenario you have described is totally possible. Yet only 4 in my area. Hmm. Peace GS

so that means that gs will ship me this sweet skunk clone for free?
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

having seen the various examples in real life I will say all factors are relative to the people involved.

I've found kindness goes a long long long long way to making most of these conditions nn existent