Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Is An Elite Clone Worth?

OK so apparently it is needed for me to state this as folks keep asking me for cuts. I have NO GARDEN. Cuts won't happen. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

i think the main thing people forget is EVERY clone only strain at ONE point was a seed...When people complain about the price of seeds or clones they imo are being pretty greedy...some cat had to start beans grow them out take clones from every bean and find the "elite" clone...take any other industry the more "rare" and sought after stuff is ALWAYS more expensive...its all about supply and demand....but my advice to people looking for the next big thing is TO START SEEDS

Yeah this elite clone thing is getting outta hand anyways imo, I'm with FMB start seeds and find your next BIG THING. I'll do without an elite clone before I toss up to 10 G's for a cut of a plant. It is like everything else as well, there are some people that are willing to take things to an extreme which is what has been done with these "elite" cuts.

Name 5 seed companies that make stable enough genetics that I can trust when I buy their seed, that I am going to get what they advertise. I will say there is 0 out there now. Ahh the old days of stability. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

topdawg. mota. mosca. chimera. djs.

also me. but i advertise that i have no idea what you'll get. :P

I think stability is not want you want when finding the next elite...what makes it "elite" is its different from every other bean or pheno in the plant imo

I have personally know someone in my area that paid $5K for an elite Indica cut, brought up from the lower mainland of BC. The smoke from that line was a heavy yielder, very potent and tasty, and the fellow growing it was taking $50-70K a grow for a few years out of his space. I think it was $10,000 a month in fuel to keep the generators running, so he really didn't think the initial $5k was the big expense. But more that it was worth the gaurentee that his grows would be top quality.

I have sprouted many seeds, and my standards are high. The gems can be found in the seeds, but it takes a signifigant amount of commitment and dedication to not settle for a mother that is just 'good enuff' and keep sprouting seed after seed looking for the true gems. Of course it can be done, I have a few mothers I obtained exactly that way. But I have tried and ditched many many many potential candidates.

In general it takes me a year from the time I sprout a seed untill I have completed my screening process. Sprout the seed, grow the plant, retain several clones, flower the plant, then first evaluation. If it seems like it may meet flavor, potency, growth speed and structure standards with a little dialing in (or not) then it moves on to the small scale production run. Several of the clones all flowered together to get a feel for how it will behave as a mono crop and a chance to fine tune the plants requirements. After that cycle, I either keep the mom (rare), or flower out or kill it (most often). Its a lot of work to find the gems, and some people who realize that are willing to pay for somone else to put in all the effort.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Just cause you know someone that paid X amount of dollars for a clone, doesnt mean what they are worth. I totally agree on the work involved in finding a keeper, however If i charged one of my friends for a keeper i found, i'd wouldnt be suprised if they did the same to me.

Illegal or not, whatever work goes into finding a keeper.... its still just a plant. To charge someone more than 20$'s +shipping to take a cutting off of a plant that will just regrow in a few weeks??? You people and/or the people you deal with are greedy. Plain and simple... thats what this boils down to. Its ever more amusing cause you have all sort of reasons and rational to try to justify it and make excuses as to why people need to be greedy.

I'm not saying people can't make money.... that couldn't be further from what i'm trying to say.

Edit: fixin some numbers
    Last edited by KONY; 09-16-2010 at 12:53 PM.

if everyone is going to impose their own personal relative take on the scenario let me add mine

<<<<<<<<<<<<< LOLZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UREAPWHATUSOW

cant say it any plainer than that

:P

and no its not a statement about ego its a statement that marijuana abides by the laws of relativity, most people do not

that is were the big disconnect lies

elite clone vs. elite canucks

DING DING DING

: