Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: YBG's Hash from Trash Photo Essay

I have tried using more than 200g, it just doesn't work as well. With the veg trim it needs the room for the ice to bash it up, with the frosty stuff too much also seems to clog up the bubblenow bag with stickiness.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    I have tried using more than 200g, it just doesn't work as well. With the veg trim it needs the room for the ice to bash it up, with the frosty stuff too much also seems to clog up the bubblenow bag with stickiness.
    Can't be wasting any of that stickiness!!! and shit. I just threw some whole male plants in the fire place the other day. I didn't know male plants even grow trichromes! I best start saving all that trim I thought was garbage!

Default The dry Hash

OK, hash is dry now, here are some final pics of the batch.

So I started with 1600g of veg trim, ran it through the Bubblenow, and the final numbers are:

First Run(6 minute mix)
    190u+160u+120u= 4.6g (I mix all this together and throw it into the cooking pile)
    90u = 2.9g
    73u = 7.5g
    45u = 12.5g
    25u = 2g
    First run total = 29.5g

Second Run(15 minute mix)
    190u-120u mixed = 4.7g (cooking pile)
    90u - 25u mixed = 24.5g (guest hash, they don't know any different)
    Second run total = 29.2g

First Run total = 29.5
    Second run total = 29.2
    Grand total for both runs = 58.7g

About a 3.7% return of hash from material most people burn, bury, or throw away...

very impressive Yukon. Did i hear correctly? you ran two bubblenow bags in the machine at the same time?

No, not in the machine at the same time. Just had 2 to use so I could get 1 filled and ready while the other was spinning.

thats a damn fine return, 2 oz's of bubble man youll be enjoyin yourself.

two separate water runs in the machine, right?

Yes, 2 seperate water runs. Mix for 6 minutes, drain, add more water and top up with ice and mix again for 15 minutes.

very nice man! does any of it melt at all? obviously no full melt but how bout any sizzle at all?

Very nice post biker. I hope to get to do this someday. i really love all the info you guys provide so freely.

peace

Default More veg trim hash.....

Thanks for the bump Rhino. I just made some more veg trim hash, and got a couple photos to share.
    From some slightly frosty veg trim, wet:

Same, dried for 4 days:

Ran several mixes thru the bags, emptying the majority of the water from the bottom of the bucket, and pouring in the next wash. I would leave enuff cold water in the bucket to keep the hash and the bag screens cold. Think I ran 10 or 12 washes of this veg trim, about 12 min per wash, single run only. The wet hash patties:

Chopping it all up took a while:

There was more 45µ than anything else:

The same, dried for 4 days:

This is B grade hash, you can see the greeness which fades a bit as it dries. Most of the hash is total powder at the slightest touch, the 45µ has a little stickyness and I can ball it up in my fingers easily. Total yield for both batches of veg trim hash was about 40g.

Keep in mind I made this from 'garbage'.... material most people throw away.... ALL trimmings, veg trim from pruning and cutting back vegging plants, yellow dead leaves, pre-flower and mid-flower prunings, Fans from flowering plants, culled males, cloning scraps, the works. Most people would bury, burn, or throw this material away.

Hard times with B grade hash to smoke is waaaaaay better than hard times with nothing to smoke. B grade to us hash connoisseurs is often better hash than most people ever have access to, and as such can make a nice gift to an appreciative but less well off friend. This hash is perfect for infusing into butter or milk for cooking. Works good mixed into 'salad' joints to beef up yer brickweed. I'm sure there are many suggestions for good uses of this type of hash out there, come up with new 1's. To me, this is FREE hash. Ok, it cost ice, labor, and a tiny amount of electricity, meh. At that cost, this hash is perfect to experiment with

Thanks for looking,
    YBG
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 08-21-2009 at 05:54 PM.