Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using a 20 gallon work bag with a 5 gallon bag set

Question Using a 20 gallon work bag with a 5 gallon bag set

So I acquired a 20 gallon work bag and am wondering if I could just use this work bag and a 20 gallon bucket to mix and then just pour the water through my 5 gallon set in a bucket with the bottom cut out to drain into another bucket underneath...........I am thinking of putting a drain with a hose on the 20 gallon bucket to drain into the bags.
    Does this sound like it will work to y'all?
    Thank you in advance, peace!
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

Hey dude. Running 20 gallons worth of hash through 5 gallon screens overloads the screens, decreasing efficiency of the bags and the yield. Good luck. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

its definitly not a good idea... you will plug your top screens ie the catch screens.. ie 190u. and 160u... Once to much falls into these bags.. they will act as a catch to stop your better quality resins from falling deeper.

The 5 gallon bags are made to run 200grams worth of material.. but not more.

Let us know what you end up doing..

peace
    Bubble man

I think I'm going to try it, I just may not use the full 1000 gram capacity of the 20 gallon, may start with 700 gs and see how that goes. I'm thinking it will take a lot of hash to clog up the whole screen area and I will be using 6 of my 5 gallon bags, not all 8.........anyways I'll try to take pics and post the results!

Also, with the drain i plan to install in the 20 gallon bucket, if they do get clogged I'll just stop the flow, scrape, and put the 5 gallon bags back in place.

I'll let y'all know what happens!
    Last edited by HumboldtSmoka420; 10-02-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Adding stuff

So um yea it looks like it worked! My yield looks to be about 4 times what I got when using a 5 gallon work bag! I put a water hose valve on my 20 gallon bucket and drain it into my 5 gallon bags with the bottom cut out of the bucket on top of another bucket! This is awesome!

Default look after ya bag

Quote Originally Posted by HumboldtSmoka420 View Post
    So I acquired a 20 gallon work bag and am wondering if I could just use this work bag and a 20 gallon bucket to mix and then just pour the water through my 5 gallon set in a bucket with the bottom cut out to drain into another bucket underneath...........I am thinking of putting a drain with a hose on the 20 gallon bucket to drain into the bags.
    Does this sound like it will work to y'all?
    Thank you in advance, peace!
    yeah it will work..never mix up in your tough bag it will last long..dont get rid of your water too soon let it settle for a few days then sypon off..gravity will pull you down and 20 gall
    sounds hard work..oh if your young and fit good luck..and well done.

No need to ever pull 220 bag now, I have a water hose valve on the bottom of the 32 gallon trash can

Heya Man I like what ya did and I am actually working on the same set up myself, I use a 20 gallon trash can though.

I wanted too ask what water hose valve did you use and how did you get it too seal well and handle the water pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hash_Dro View Post
    Heya Man I like what ya did and I am actually working on the same set up myself, I use a 20 gallon trash can though.

I wanted too ask what water hose valve did you use and how did you get it too seal well and handle the water pressure.
    I think it was normal hose size, but one that had threads on the back. Silicone sealant should seal it up nicely or some kind of caulking? As long as its waterproof...........also use rubber washers

Headed to Ace right now haha thanks man.