Thread: Sticks and Stems...

Default Sticks and Stems...

So im going to do my first run today since i got my bags in the mail yesterday. I have a good amount of popcorn that dried a little bit and the stems hardened a bit. Im just wondering if i need to be r eally careful and pick all the stems out by breaking the buds up, or ifit should be alright or if i should mix outside the bag and dump it into the lined buket. Thanks guys!

What size bags are you using? I normally remove all the really big stems that may poke holes or tear my bags but leave the little ones that are on or close to buds thinking they may have trichomes.

Anyone need some firewood?

S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

Using 5 gallon bags. Yeah i've removed all the larger stems but there are still a few on the really resin coated fan leaves that i was going to try to use.
    Mostly it's just the little stems holding the buds together that are coated with trichomes that im worried about.

Definitely leave those! If they are too big, cut em in half expecially if they have tons of trichomes. That's what I do anyways, maybe someone else has better advice

Cool, ill just be careful when im mixing.
    Thanks for the info.

Yea, I usually mix in a separate bucket when using 5 gallon to avoid extra wear on my bags too, then pour into your bags and let settle. Hope this helps!

Only thing im worried about mixing in a separate bucket is losing a good amount of trichomes on the bottom of the bucket when i pour the mixture into the bags. Does anyone have any experience with that method that they might be able to chime in?