Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moldy or mildewy starting material = moldy mildewy hash?

Question Moldy or mildewy starting material = moldy mildewy hash?

So I ran some moldy, mildewy, or a combination(?) bud yesterday and it came out really dark and kinda smells funny. The bud was starting to dry out and turn brown as well. I wore a gas mask when making it and am wondering if any of the bad stuff could have made it through into the hash? I didn't soak or dip the bud first, should I? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

You should freeze the trim overnight to kill any of the mold/mildew. Some people put material in bucket with water to float the contaminents to the top. Then skim off any floating crap and do your run.Also, use fresh water and ice if you do a 2nd or 2rd run to keep it fresh.

If you didnt freeze, skim, or float your material it is possible some spores got in it. Thats all I got for info.

Yea I heard freezing killed it but wasnt sure. It will still physically be present though correct?

It would def think some spores are physically in your bubble. If they are alive I dunno. Maybe spores got stuck to some gland heads, didnt float to the top, and containmenated your 190-25u bubble.

Mold spores are commonly, not always, 10-30 microns. Powdery mildew can be roughly from 102-13 microns. How did your 25u compared to 120 or 90ubag? Extra dark and smelly?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaloaf View Post
    It would def think some spores are physically in your bubble. If they are alive I dunno. Maybe spores got stuck to some gland heads, didnt float to the top, and containmenated your 190-25u bubble.

Mold spores are commonly, not always, 10-30 microns. Powdery mildew can be roughly from 102-13 microns. How did your 25u compared to 120 or 90ubag? Extra dark and smelly?
    Well you see I have a confession to make, I'm anti 25 micron bag! DOWN WITH THE 25 MICRON AKA HERNIA BAG LOL To me, its not worth the trouble I stop at 45 microns but use all the other bags.....is this good in this instance? Thanks for the responses by the way!

I got a pretty high yield and i do my mixing in a 20 gallon bucket then strain through a 5 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out and the bags progessively higher in the bucket as to not touch each other. I will post pics soon as I get a chance.......hash is waiting on me to chop up lol........cant wait too long or it'll be hard

Think I could grind or break up the hash, submerge it in water, then only filter it through the bag that comes after what micron im doing. Say I submerge some 90 micron to remove mold..........i would filter through the 73 bag to make sure i didnt lose any..............think this would work? Dont wanna mess it up tho!

Couldnt I just freeze the hash now to kill the mold in it if any got through?

"[QUOTE=HumboldtSmoka420;70667]Well you see I have a confession to make, I'm anti 25 micron bag! DOWN WITH THE 25 MICRON AKA HERNIA BAG LOL "

agree...25 m(when used as directed) is lame..

funny story
    I was doing work for a guy, making bubble....
    and my girl, bless her heart always trying to help....
    dropped the full 25m bag infront of the job boss.
    she blushed in emberassment......thank god it wasn't 73m..few

anyway.....
    what i do now is make the ice water hash, and collect the fullmelt.
    Then I re set & viciously try and knock off all the trichs with only a work bag(220m) and the 25m as the sole collector.
    Then I have a bunch of green kief basicly
    And then I seperate the good from the bad...
    By applying any method mentioned in the book Cannabis Alchemy.

Keeps waste hash down

Also When marijuana becomes moldy, or mildew contaminated it is then garbage. If your stupid enough...to smoke mold or mildew, or fucked up enough to try and sell that, or give it away....wow

and why is there mold/mildew anyway? not paying attention?
    to much humidity
    moisture?
    strain contamination
    etc?

Sounds like you need to fix that(mold mildew problem), learn about personal ethics(not harming yourself), medical/social responsibility(not hurting sick people), and throw your garbage where it belongs.

[quote=GanjaGuru;70672]"
    Quote Originally Posted by HumboldtSmoka420 View Post
    Well you see I have a confession to make, I'm anti 25 micron bag! DOWN WITH THE 25 MICRON AKA HERNIA BAG LOL "

agree...25 m(when used as directed) is lame..

funny story
    I was doing work for a guy, making bubble....
    and my girl, bless her heart always trying to help....
    dropped the full 25m bag infront of the job boss.
    she blushed in emberassment......thank god it wasn't 73m..few

anyway.....
    what i do now is make the ice water hash, and collect the fullmelt.
    Then I re set & viciously try and knock off all the trichs with only a work bag(220m) and the 25m as the sole collector.
    Then I have a bunch of green kief basicly
    And then I seperate the good from the bad...
    By applying any method mentioned in the book Cannabis Alchemy.

Keeps waste hash down

Also When marijuana becomes moldy, or mildew contaminated it is then garbage. If your stupid enough...to smoke mold or mildew, or fucked up enough to try and sell that, or give it away....wow

and why is there mold/mildew anyway? not paying attention?
    to much humidity
    moisture?
    strain contamination
    etc?

Sounds like you need to fix that(mold mildew problem), learn about personal ethics(not harming yourself), medical/social responsibility(not hurting sick people), and throw your garbage where it belongs.
    WTF are you talking about? It's easy to get all the mold off the bud, its just one extra step and just to make sure I'm going to freeze the hash also even after doing this other step (freezing kills spores also). I was asked to do this for someone so they can recover lost costs or put old, bad shit to good use. IT WASN'T MY IDEA!
    So before you assault someone by saying they have no ethics or medical and social responsibility GET ALL YOUR FACTS PLEASE!

And the ounces of hash I have extracted from this moldy weed say you dont know what you are talking about! It's widely known that its perfectly fine running moldy material as long as the proper precautions are taken.............so throw your moldy material in my trash please, I'll put it to good use!

Oh and you only use a 220 and a 25 micron bag? I bet that makes for some suck ass hash huh?
    Last edited by HumboldtSmoka420; 10-07-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Addition

touchy touchy...If you read....you would understand I collect the full melt after one short spin on the 73m. And set aside to dry. Then I do a destructor spin with the work bag, and only the 25m to catch all the trich, and a ton of plant material.

I THEN USE ONE OF THE METHODS MENTIONED IN "CANNABIS ALCHEMY"
    and turn that "suck ass hash" into 90.0%+ (probably more like 98-99%) THC

So as i stand, Take care of the plants better. Put garbage in the trash....and you my friend.....get your facts together
    :-) you smoke mold hash ha ha