This thread regards taste (terpenes) of cannabis, and conditions to facilitate it!

A question to open with considers: how one can make use of an HPS while getting the most out of their cannabis in regards to taste?

I started smoking during my late teens—barely over six years. I started heavy, as well, quickly introduced to especially good commercial cannabis. In addition to the aforementioned, connections to mountain-style outdoorsmen/women to powerful hashish was quick, too. So I immediately knew that taste was VERY important, though still never ignoring potency.

I started cultivating 2 years ago, but I still haven’t been able to get that same taste (I know it needs to be the same strain but I have no idea what the strain was called.)

Of course I didn’t realize all the while that outdoor is most definitely going to taste better because of the UV rays (high mountains of Afghanistan/India)!

While searching terpenes contained by coniferous organisms, I discovered cloud seeding. Certain types of resin producing plants release terpenes into the air (as most of you know) as a form of weather modification. So a lot of what you smell in a forest is undetectable terpene oil entering the nostrils.

I came across some OG Kush that was fresh out of the mountain air, and out from under the bright Sun. Grown fully-organic and surrounded by Coniferous trees. I still have half a gram of all 3 in a jar. Every time I open it up, I get an overpowering smell of the forest—for real, too.

Then a light as bright as the Sun came on!

Cloud seeding has a vast influence on taste in cannabis smoke, and ultraviolet rays make terpene assembly effortless!

I also have one other element to this:
A Bubba Kush grown indoor/even-flow was going around. Very dense buds, and resin-coated! Just so happens these are grown EXTREMELY close to the HPS lens—so they obviously get as many lumens as possible. The problem was this: it tasted very similar to the OG Kush I tried from the outdoor, but not nearly as dominant.

How can I get the most taste out of my cannabis grown under 1000w HPS?

Thank you, and I’m sorry for this long and stretched out topic.