Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: half of my hash.... is stuck to fucking cardboard

Default half of my hash.... is stuck to fucking cardboard

So in the process of moving I lost my dabbing screen.
    I figured it would be alright if I put the patties right on the cardboard if I chopped them up and moved them to a dry spot enough.
    Well apparently I didn't and I have about grams of 73 and about the same of 25 stuck to cardboard.

Does anyone know of a way to get it off the cardboard without sitting down for three hours and picking it off piece by piece?

Maybe letting it dry fully or stick it in the freezer for a couple of days might help?

Thanks, guys.

-Paul.

Maybe try freezing it. May come off more easily. Good luck. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
    Maybe try freezing it. May come off more easily. Good luck. Peace GS
    I second that!
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

So I froze it for about 4 days and peeled it off this morning. Worked pretty damn well.
    I would have to advise this method to anyone that runs into this problem.

I find it doesn't get stuck as easily if you move it around pretty often!
    S.B. 420 & Prop 215 compliant
    Please check out my website at: themadhasher.com

I find that higher quality product is best taken from the pressing screen, and put onto glass to dry with air moving around it. I feel that there is too much residual loss when making FMCD to use cardboard.

I have also read recently that the acids from it can leach into your buds or hash, so using cardboard drying boxes is apparently a bad idea unless they are acid free. When making a standard quality bubble that is not too sticky, or not from fresh starting material, you can get away with it. But, like the nugs, the hash taste better and is less harsh when slowly cured. You do want to turn it occasioanly to avoid mold, and keep the air moving. If it gets stuck, the freezer trick works on glass too.

YMMV

There's no way we could ever use cardboard to dry on for our product, we would peel up cardboard fibers everytime when removing our product... Its tuff, I have seen this so many times, even of pics bubbleman has posted himself... Who ever said to use cardboard? Use parchment paper to begin wit, and u wont have this kind of problem ever again... Also, i dont believe in pressing using the "pressing" screens... Remove wata, rather than trapping it in the middle of your product... My 2 cents....

I'll second that, about using the parchment paper (unbleached) - it allows the moisture to wick out, while preventing sticking. It also won't leave fibers in the final product, *and* you can fold it over into little pockets to prevent dust/hair from landing on it.

I make loosely folded "envelopes" out of the parchment, which I label with my screen size and rest them on paper towels for increased wicking... replacing the paper towels underneath every day until the product is dry.

Im sorry, but this is one of the places, i see people going wrong.. So i figured id chime in... You want my process, here's a trick for one of the steps... If u remove the water immediately from the hash, you will retain more terpenoids... Instead of "wicking" away the water, remove it immediately. I promise you will retain more flavor and smell of your original product rather than waiting for it to "air dry" with moisture in it... Its all about finding the balance between removing too much water so you cant break it down to increase surface area and not enuf water so it retains it too long... That "hashy" taste comes from trichomes being submerged in water too long often times. Not all the time... The trichome will eventually take on water within its outside layer, creating that common "mildewy" "hashy" smell... Even your appearance will suffer. We pride ourselves in retaining the taste and smell of the original flowers' terpenoid profile. And yes, Smalphy, slowly cured, but quikly dried, if that makes sense...

Thanks for the words Nikka T; Would you recommend say, a food dehydrator for the initial water removal of course under severe monitoring.