Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: half of my hash.... is stuck to fucking cardboard

Awesome, now I have a little more to go on! Had to read all of your posts DJ Nikka T but finally a little more knowledge about your process! So guess I'm going to check into buying a food dehydrator now... unless you say that's wrong.... lol thanks! It makes a lot of sense though, I had always thought it was strange leaving the water in the hash so long!

bump to top
    “For the sake of future generations, we MUST collect and study wild and weedy relatives of our cultivated plants as well as the domesticated races. These sources of germplasm have been dangerously neglected in the past, but the future may not be so tolerant. In the plant breeding programs of tomorrow we cannot afford to ignore any source of useable genes.”
    - J R Harlan

I would love to see the photos of my hash that has cardboard residue in it? i can honestly say if you break the hash up into POWDER the cardboard method will remove the water as a dessicant without fail. You can easily find chemical free cardboard. However with that said you dont break the hash up and leave it in CHUNKS of course its going to peel the cardboard off.I stand behind how i make hash and i think my photos speak volumes for the end product coming out proper. Never had a person in my life tell me they were going to pass on my hash cause they could see cardboard fibres in it lol
    my two cents

Bubble man

Default How do you to turn the hash into a powder?

Bubble man,
    Can you suggest the best way to break the wet hash down and get it into a powder to dry it? Do you let it dry a bit before you break it down? What is the best tool for the job?

Thanks,
    Curious Bones

Parchment paper FTW!! I like to dry in low humidy and below 55 degrees...like the extraction, cold is always your friend.

Default water

Quote Originally Posted by paultheghost View Post
    So in the process of moving I lost my dabbing screen.
    I figured it would be alright if I put the patties right on the cardboard if I chopped them up and moved them to a dry spot enough.
    Well apparently I didn't and I have about grams of 73 and about the same of 25 stuck to cardboard.

Does anyone know of a way to get it off the cardboard without sitting down for three hours and picking it off piece by piece?

Maybe letting it dry fully or stick it in the freezer for a couple of days might help?

Thanks, guys.

-Paul.
    wet the cardboard.

get it wet the cardboard next time shoud work

Maybe there isn't a pic of BB mans shit with cardboard particulates but why in gods name would you use cardboard over parchment paper? I mean with really fresh product there is no way I would let it touch ANYTHING that could contaminate it, chem free cardboard or not. If it is a factor of merely using the cardboard to wick out the water maybe you could use a dehumidifier in your drying room.
    "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

A dehum will not dry the part that doesn't have surface area exposed, when it is on parchment paper. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.