Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organic vs. Non-organic Hydro

Default Organic vs. Non-organic Hydro

starting to save for a small closet grow, aiming towards starting an organic setup but got several friends doing non organic. as much as i care bout organic produce and what not, no one wants to be the friend yielding a lesser product with the same genes because of the setup.

so...just wanted to know if any of you had seen differences in the organic vs non organic yield

Organic or close to organic as you can get is best.
    Using synthetic Foods Does Yield bigger and faster, for a small nonprofit grow always use Organic. Huge difference in the Quality in my Opinion. I also feel Organic food is more forgiving, it all Boils Down to * Quality or Quantity . What ever you Decide remember.
    *** Good Flushing is the Key to a Good Taste.***
    Last edited by Delta 9; 05-16-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Trust No One......X.......

I have actually found the opposite. Organics, because they are mixed into the soil are harder to flush and harder to correct when it goes wrong. Unlike organic growers, I will tell you the finished product can be excellent from both, if the grower knows what he is doing. Good luck. Peace GS

ps. I have organic friends that yield very well
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

i use liquid organic ferts...

biobizz does a real nice job for me... no soil amending, just promix with some lime added to it and maybe some extra perlite...

peas

What do you use to adjust pH? Peace GS

Default Matter of Preference.

I Believe he was in Hydro not Soil.
    I'm an Organic Man " INDOOR" myself, but through trial and error, it has been my experience, that the Commercial Synthetic Brands Yield Larger in a shorter time but Require "Much much" more flushing. This is all done at the expense, of Taste and Clean Burning. The synthetic's tend to Cost more and are more readily used in Commercial OP's . This does not mean there better or worse. You can produce Great Yields with both...... and the Organics are much easer for the Plant to Convert and up Take.
    At proper PH
    Attached Images Attached Images

I spend about $30/year on nutes buying chemies. I mix my own. As with any food regimen, if it is applied properly there is no "More" flushing. Especially where soil ammendments are concerned. I have smoked way more clean burning chemically grown herbs than organics. Peace GS

ps. pretty sure the plant if given both organics and chemy nutes, it won't choose one over the other

Exclamation No Flushing !

I have heard of People Flushing for only 2 Day and I myself, Flush for 7 Days. I have never heard of "No more" Flushing.There are Many Reasons for Flushing.
    Flushing : you are Playing Mother Nature. This is why it typically Rains more in the fall. Flushing also tells unfertilized Plants that the Life Cycle is coming to a end. This increases resign production in must strains, as the females attempt to Catch more Pollen by Producing the Sticky stuff we Love.
    Both Soil or Water will Leave a taste in your Plants, if not Flushed... I.E. " Dirt Weed" Or Cannabis that Hurts your Lungs when you smoke it or grey ash when it should be COTTON white. You are not only removing built up Organic and inorganic material. but the MIRO and MACRO elements or your Medium.
    your Plant has Grown to be " you are what you eat " and all food Organic, synthetic will leave a taste in your Plant if Not removed. It might still taste good but there is Great.
    These deposits in the Stems and Flowers Dry with the rest of the Plant and are incorperated in the end Product.
    Although some may not flush, or flush enough. Purity can only be achived through flushing and No other Means...
    HOW TO TELL THERE FLUSHED :
    Break off a none important part of stem close to top "Leafs close to stalk work good" And Suck on it... It should have no taste. no bitter or sour taste.
    Try tasting while in full Flower and then after you Flush... You will definitely see the difference.. " I'LL Have Mine Flushed Thank You"
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/16.html

I run pure water with no additives for the last 3 weeks of flower in indicas and 5 weeks for sativas. We can puff the herbs at 4 days hanging and it tastes great, as there are no nutes left in the plant. Hence the organic "cure" time is not necessary before puffing, Peace GS

I wasn't aware that flushing organics was necessary or even possible unless you're feeding with ACT or something.

This interests me because I'm trying out an organic grow this time around. Nearly time to transplant to 5 gallon grow bags and flip to 12/12. It seems to me that the most realistic way to "flush" an organic soil mixture is to actually let it dry out?