Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atomic NL Test Grow

Default Atomic NL Test Grow

I was lucky enough to be selected to try out some of Doc Atomic's Atomic NL seeds, so long as I could document the grow complete with (and maybe most importantly) as many photos as I can supply throughout the entire process, as well as notes on how it was done, and my comments and opinions as a grower and consumer.

So let us begin the journey, and I will do the best that I am able.

For starters, I will include a link to Doc Atomic's breeder page for the Atomic NL, which has some nice pics of the chunky lady's I am looking for in my own garden.
    http://www.dratomicseedbank.com/atomicNL.html

Here we have a nice lil bag of healthy looking seeds (not in original packaging):

Got some moist paper towel ready to sprout them in:

Seeds are nestled in and the journey has begun:

(Yes, I am somewhat behind with the posting and whatnot, but I am a Stoner, and a Patient, with a garden to tend, so I do what I can, as I can)
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Here are the seeds after approx 48 hours, almost all of them have at least cracked, with many protruding rootlets, and even some cotyledons (seed leaves) showing:

Aint they lil cuties?

Default Gapped a bit....

Thru this stage, I completely gapped on photos, sorry. I will do my best to give as complete a description as possible.

After approximately 60 hours, I selected the 28 healthiest of the sprouted seeds, and planted them in some of my soiless mix in red beercups, and put them into some domed trays, along with some clones for another project. The remaining seeds were discarded.

As they grew into little plantlets, I realised that my timing was a little off. The plants in the flower room were going to need a some more time to finish up. As a result, my 28 lil Atomic NL plantlets spent more time than intended in the florecent powered (21hrs a day) veg area, and almost all of them exeperienced a bit of 'seedling stretch', although there were 2-3 runtier ones that were probably glad for the extra time to develop before being moved to HID lighting.
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 12-14-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Default First Transplant

Here are the 28 Atomic NL seedlings, moments after being transplanted from red beercups to 1 gallon nursery pots, and buried a little deeper to counteract the stretch. Each plant was individually numbered for later tracking. They really liked the move from florecent (21hrs per day) lighting to 1000W of MH (24hrs per day).

Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 12-14-2010 at 08:56 PM.

right on ybg! *tagged*

Default From 1000W to 2000W

It is about a week or so later and the Atomic NL plants are comming along nicely, time to spread them out a bit (and add a few companion plants to the grow room as well). In addition to the 1000W MH, I added a 1000W HPS. Plants are still recieving 24 hrs a day of light, as they have been since being moved under HID lighting. Also recieved thier first (weak, ie %50 strength) feeding at this stage.

Most are comming along nicely:

Some of the (runty) others are a little bit mutated:

Besides those few, most are quite healthy and normal looking:

Here they are, spread out, and with the HPS added, and a few of the companion plants trying to horn in on the photo (I tried to tell them to get out of frame, but you know):

(Please ignore any companion plants that you may occasionally see in this thread, as it is devoted entirely to the Atomic NL)

looking good ybg! I cant wait to see how this turns out....ive always been impressed with doc atomics gear, and i like the mix spectrum(hps/mh)...pulling up a chair for this one
    Originally Posted by esbe:
    We are not criminals, we grow our own shit and dont want to support gangsters and terrorists. We are freedom fighters and nature lovers and our hobby do not hurt one single person.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Mutants, mutants , mutants. Cool YBG, bring it on. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Talking

cant wait for some of those cuts to someday make their way to ca

i dont know what that smiley face is "strokin" but i thought it was hilarious alongside these photos

anyways...yeeee ive been waiting for these journals to start

Taking a seat for this one.